When an accident occurs, you may hope that the accident was captured on video and that witnesses come forth to provide testimony about how the collision happened. This may not always be the case, however.
Even if you do have other forms of documentation, accident reconstruction could make your case for awards stronger. You may hire a Chicago accident reconstruction lawyer to argue your case for awards using methods based in science and fact.
The Kryder Law Group, LLC will take on your insurance claim or lawsuit after an accident in Chicago. Call us today at (312) 223-1700 for a free consultation.
Explaining Accident Reconstruction
The goal of accident reconstruction may be to provide a jury or other audience an authentic recreation of how an accident occurred. The National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) explains some of the elements that go into accident reconstruction are:
- Preserving evidence
- Making observations at the scene of the accident
- Taking photographs as part of scene documentation
- Taking measurements, which may be used at a later date to create an accurately-scaled recreation
These may be the foundation of accident reconstruction. As NSPE notes, it may also help to have a firm grasp of engineering concepts in order to fully explain how and why an accident occurred. Your lawyer may personally participate in accident reconstruction, but may also rely on professionals in relevant fields to assist in reconstructing your accident.
How Your Lawyer May Help Reconstruct Your Accident
You may be able to find a lawyer who focuses on the field of accident reconstruction. They may understand crash dynamics well, may know what information needs to be gathered at the scene of the accident to later reconstruct a collision, and may be familiar with the other aspects of accident reconstruction.
Your lawyer may personally handle (or outsource) reconstruction-related duties, such as:
- Investigating the scene of your accident
- Collecting evidence that could assist in accident reconstruction, such as videotape of the collision and witness accounts
- Hiring experts in the laws of physics and crash dynamics to assist with aspects of your accident reconstruction
- Utilizing accident reconstruction software such as the VEDYAC system, as explained by the journal Computers & Structures
The goal of accident reconstruction may be to explain how the accident occurred, why the accident occurred, and to ultimately determine who is at fault for the accident. By reconstructing your accident in a fact-based, scientific manner, your lawyer may create compelling evidence that indicates that you were the victim of some type of wrongdoing, such as negligence.
You can speak with the team for a Chicago accident reconstruction lawyer for more information about how they may handle your accident-related lawsuit or insurance claim. Call The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312) 223-1700 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a accident reconstruction lawyer serving Chicago, call (312) 598-0739
Accident Reconstruction Is Just One Benefit of Hiring a Lawyer
The resources that may be required to create an effective accident reconstruction could be significant. Hiring a lawyer may give you access to such resources. If your lawyer charges a contingency fee, as the American Bar Association (ABA) discusses, you may not have to pay any out-of-pocket costs for accessing such resources.
Accident reconstruction is not the only benefit you may receive from hiring a lawyer. Whether you are bringing an insurance claim or lawsuit, your lawyer may:
- Protect your rights, just after your accident and throughout the legal or insurance process
- Gather evidence not related to accident reconstruction
- Hire experts not related to accident reconstruction
- Interview witnesses
- File your lawsuit or insurance claim
- Communicate with insurance companies, other lawyers, and any parties who are involved in your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Calculate the value of your losses from the accident in question, and update those costs as your losses mount
- Negotiate a settlement through insurance or before a trial
If you pursue a lawsuit and your lawyer is not able to negotiate an acceptable settlement, then they will handle your case throughout the trial phase. If your lawsuit or insurance claim does not result in the outcome that you and your lawyer hope for, then they can also handle the respective appeals process.
Your Lawyer Will Identify the Cause of Your Accident
As part of determining fault for your losses and reconstructing your accident, your lawyer will identify who specifically caused your accident. They will point to specific actions or failures that caused the liable party to strike your vehicle, bicycle, motorcycle, or person.
As a motorist, there is a long list of behaviors and failures that may cause an accident. Some of those behaviors and failures include:
- Being drunk or under the influence of drugs while driving
- Engaging in distracted driving (which includes using a cell phone, changing the vehicle’s radio, eating and drinking, or taking attention from the road for any other reason)
- Changing lanes in a dangerous manner
- Making dangerous turns
- Running a red light, stop sign, or another traffic signal
- Failing to maintain and use headlights, mirrors, and brake lights
- Failing to properly secure objects inside or outside of the vehicle
- Failing to check tires for roadworthiness
Highlighting the specific causes of your accident will be necessary to make the case that you were the victim of negligence. Your lawyer can determine how to make this argument and then execute this strategy on your behalf.
Chicago Accident Reconstruction Lawyer Near Me (312) 598-0739
Call The Kryder Law Group Today
A Chicago accident reconstruction lawyer can guide your pursuit of compensation after a motor vehicle collision in which you or a loved one were injured. Call The Kryder Law Group today at (312) 223-1700 for a free consultation. Do not wait to call, as time may be a factor in your ability to bring a personal injury lawsuit, wrongful death lawsuit, or insurance claim.