Kryder Law’s catastrophic injury attorneys are ready to help you in the event you’ve been seriously injured in an accident. We will work with you to understand your situation and help you navigate the legal system. If someone else is at fault for your injuries, due to negligence or recklessness, we will work with you to make sure you are appropriately compensated.
In This Article
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
Catastrophic injuries include the following:
- Full or partial paralysis due to neck or spinal cord injuries
- Brain or head injuries that cause hearing or vision loss, loss of cognitive function, and/or motor skill problems
- Serious burn injuries
- Dismembered, amputated, or severely broken limbs, hands, feet, fingers, or toes
- Internal organ damage, such as injuries to kidneys, liver, or lungs
Unfortunately, catastrophic injuries often have long-term or permanent effects on a person’s ability to be independent. These types of injuries can also cause emotional distress and suffering.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Chicago, call (312) 223-1700
What are some causes of Catastrophic Injury?
Catastrophic injury can be caused in a variety of ways. A catastrophic injury might be the result of a slip and fall, medical malpractice, or an auto accident. Some catastrophic injuries are the result of sports accidents. For instance, according to the Washington Post, cheerleading is the sport that causes the most catastrophic injuries to young girls and women. Kryder Law’s catastrophic injury lawyers will discuss your injuries and help you understand what kind of legal action is available to you.
Because of the long-term implications of catastrophic injury, it’s important to know what legal options are available to you. Successful litigation can help you cover the costs of medical care and loss of wages–as well as loss of future wages–due to your catastrophic injury.
Chicago Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me (312) 223-1700
Get the legal advice you need
We know how overwhelming and painful it can be If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury. When you’re under emotional and physical stress, it can be hard to know what to do. The Kryder Law Group in Chicago has succeeded in resolving many catastrophic injury cases and will do our best to represent you. Our highly experienced Chicago area lawyers are here to fight for your rights as an injured person, and we will do everything to make sure that the liable party’s insurance company pays you the maximum compensation for your injuries.
How Much Money Is My Catastrophic Injury Legal Case Worth?
Every catastrophic injury case is different. The amount of compensation you can expect to receive varies based on a number of factors, including the extent of the damage, the liability of the other party, and if the injuries are permanent. Hiring an effective and experienced catastrophic injury lawyer can help to ensure that you receive the highest compensation possible for your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Catastrophic Injury Damages
When determining the number of damages to seek compensation for, your legal team and the judge will look at how the injuries have impacted you in a variety of ways. This includes:
- Medical expenses – This includes the medical treatment required immediately after the injury, as well as ongoing medical expenses.
- Lost wages – What money did you lose from working as a result of your injuries? Did you have to miss work for extended periods of time?
- Out-of-pocket expenses – If health insurance covered part of the medical treatment, you can still recover out-of-pocket expenses, such as co-pays, that you had to pay as a result of your injuries.
- Property damage – In some cases, your personal property, such as your home or vehicle, will be damaged as a result of the accident.
- Pain and suffering – While there isn’t monetary loss associated with pain and suffering, a monetary value can be assigned during the case.
- Lost enjoyment of life – If your injuries impact how much you can enjoy your life, this should be factored into any final settlement amount.
- Permanent disability – A permanent disability has life-long effects that impair your ability to work and live.
Benefits of Hiring a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Hiring an experienced catastrophic injury lawyer can make a big difference in the outcome of your legal case. They’ll have a thorough understanding of the legal system and past cases similar to yours. They can give you a realistic idea of how much compensation you can expect for your catastrophic injury. In many cases, you’ll be able to recover more money than you expect.
How to File a Catastrophic Injury Claim
The first step in filing a catastrophic injury claim is to schedule a consultation with a skilled lawyer. During the consultation, you’ll need to bring any evidence that you already have access to that supports your claim. This can include medical records, surveillance footage, and police reports. The lawyer will discuss the specifics of your situation to discuss if you may have a case. Generally, the sooner you can meet with a catastrophic injury lawyer, the better. This ensures that you won’t face any issues with statutes of limitations laws.
Once you hire a catastrophic injury lawyer, the process of discovery will begin. Your legal team will gather any evidence they need to file a lawsuit on your behalf. In most cases, your lawyer will attempt to settle your case out of court. If necessary, they’ll continue your case in the courtroom.