The Kryder Law Group’s Chicago catastrophic injury attorneys are ready to help you in the event you’ve been seriously injured in an accident. An experienced Chicago catastrophic injury attorney will work with you to understand your situation and help you navigate the legal system.
If someone else is at fault for your catastrophic injuries, due to negligence or recklessness in a motor vehicle crash, car accident, or other type of serious accident, we will work with you to make sure you are appropriately compensated.
In This Article
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
Catastrophic injuries from life altering events that result in permanent disabilities include the following:
- Full or partial paralysis due to neck or spinal cord injuries
- Brain or head trauma that cause hearing or vision loss, loss of cognitive function and/or motor skills
- Serious burn injuries
- Dismembered, amputated, or severely broken bones, hands, feet, fingers, or toes
- Internal organ damage, such as injuries to kidneys, liver, or lungs
Long Term Effects of Catastrophic Injuries
Unfortunately, catastrophic injuries, especially ones such as traumatic brain injuries or spinal cord injuries, often have long-term or permanent effects on a person’s ability to be independent. These types of catastrophic injuries can also cause emotional distress and suffering.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Chicago, call (312) 223-1700
What are some causes of Catastrophic Injury?
Catastrophic injuries can be caused in a variety of ways. A catastrophic injury might be the result of a slip and fall, medical malpractice, car accidents, or any other motor vehicle accidents.
Some catastrophic injuries occur are the result of sports accidents. For instance, according to the Washington Post, cheerleading is the sport that causes the most catastrophic injuries to young girls and women.
The Kryder Law Group’s Chicago catastrophic injury lawyers will discuss your catastrophic injuries and help you understand what kind of legal action is available to you.
Experienced Catastrophic Injury Attorneys Ready To Help
Because of the long-term implications of catastrophic injury, it’s important to know what legal options are available to you.
Successful litigation can help you cover the costs of medical care and loss of wages--as well as loss of future wages--due to your catastrophic injury.
Speak with a Chicago catastrophic injury lawyer from our law firm for a free case consultation to determine what losses and future losses you may be entitled to in your injury case.
Getting experienced legal representation on your side before you deal with the insurance companies is an important step to ensure you can recover damages you deserve for your pain and suffering.
Chicago Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me (312) 223-1700
Get The Legal Help You Need
We know how overwhelming and painful it can be if you or a loved one suffered catastrophic injuries. When accident victims are under emotional and physical stress from severe injuries, it can be hard to know what to do.
Our Chicago Catastrophic Injury Attorneys Will Fight For You
The Kryder Law Group, LLC in Chicago has succeeded in resolving many catastrophic injury cases for injured victims and will do our best to represent you.
We are proud of our results and have been able to recover significant sums for clients who have suffered severe injuries. Some of our personal injury case results include:
- $7.5 million dollars for a construction worker injured when a support wall fell on him. (This amount was the highest award on record for a construction related injury in DuPage County at the time).
- $3.2 million dollars for a construction worker who fell in an uncovered foundation trench. (At the time, this was the highest ranking award on record for a construction injury in McHenry County.)
- $2.2 million dollars for a person seriously injured in an auto accident.
- $2 million dollars for a person struck and seriously injured by a speeding vehicle as he waited for the CTA bus.
- $1.5 million dollars for a truck driver who was struck by a car while their vehicle was disabled.
Our highly experienced Chicago area lawyers are here to fight for the rights of accident victims, and we will do everything to make sure that the liable party’s insurance company pays you the maximum compensation for your injuries.
How Much Money Is My Catastrophic Injury Legal Case Worth?
Every catastrophic injury case is different. The amount of compensation an injured person can expect to receive varies based on a number of factors, including the extent of the damage, the liability of the other party, and if the injuries are permanent.
Hiring An Experienced Lawyer Can Benefit You
Hiring effective and experienced catastrophic injury lawyers can help to ensure that you receive the highest compensation possible for your case to help you recover from a personal injury, lost income, help cover medical bills, and future costs from more serious injuries like a traumatic brain injury.
Call the catastrophic injury lawyers at The Kryder Law Group, LLC for a free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Catastrophic Injury Damages
When determining the number of damages to seek compensation for, your legal team and the judge will look at how the injuries have impacted you in a variety of ways.
Some of these ways include:
- Medical expenses – This includes the medical care required immediately after the injury, as well as ongoing medical expenses.
- Lost wages – What money did you lose from working as a result of your injuries? Did you have to miss work for extended periods of time?
- Out-of-pocket expenses – If health insurance covered part of the medical treatment, you can still recover out-of-pocket expenses, such as co-pays, that you had to pay as a result of your injuries.
- Property damage – In some cases, your personal property, such as your home or vehicle, will be damaged as a result of the accident.
- Pain and suffering – While there isn’t monetary loss associated with pain and suffering, emotional pain, or emotional trauma, a monetary value can be assigned during the case.
- Lost enjoyment of life – If the injuries impact how much a person’s life to the point where their enjoyment is now limited, this should be factored into any final settlement amount.
- Permanent disability – A disability that has life-long effects can impair your ability to work and live, require extensive medical treatment or multiple surgeries, severe pain, long-term medical care, and lost wages.
Benefits of Hiring a Chicago Catastrophic Injury Attorney
Hiring an experienced catastrophic injury lawyer can make a big difference in the outcome of your legal case.
An Experienced Lawyer Will Know What To Do
They’ll have a thorough understanding of the legal system and past cases similar to yours. They can give you a realistic idea of how much compensation you can expect for your catastrophic injury.
In many cases, you’ll be able to recover more money than you expect.
How to File a Catastrophic Injury Claim
The first step in filing a catastrophic injury claim is to schedule a free consultation with an experienced lawyer from The Kryder Law Group, LLC.
During the free consultation, you’ll need to bring any evidence that you already have access to that supports your claim. This can include medical records, surveillance footage, and police reports.
The lawyer will discuss the specifics of your situation to discuss if you may have a case. Generally, the sooner you can meet with a catastrophic injury lawyer, the better. This ensures that you won’t face any issues with statutes of limitations laws.
Once you hire a catastrophic injury lawyer, the process of discovery will begin. Your legal team will gather any evidence they need to file a lawsuit on your behalf.
In most cases, your lawyer will attempt to settle your case out of court. If necessary, they’ll continue your case in the courtroom.
Get Your Free Consultation Today
We are available for in-home consultations if you cannot travel. If you’ve been injured, don’t wait. Let’s talk about your case, call us, it’s free!