There were 836 crashes in Harvey in 2018, many of which involved trucks of various sizes and most of which were due to multiple forms of negligence, according to the Illinois Department of Transportation’s city summary crash report. When negligence and trucks combine, it is a recipe for disaster. If you or a loved one were injured in a Harvey truck accident, you may have options for recovering compensation to pay for your expenses.
The Kryder Law Group, LLC is Illinois’s best-kept secret. We pride ourselves on delivering compassionate, professional legal services to those who need it most. After a truck accident, you need representation that has your best interests in mind.
You can learn more about your options for financial recovery through a free case review. Call The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312) 223-1700.
Trucks Are More Dangerous Than Other Vehicles
There are few vehicles on the road more dangerous than a commercial truck. Generally, the larger the truck, the greater the risk that it poses to other motorists, passengers, and pedestrians. While on the road, truckers must exercise a duty of care to perform actions within the scope of their profession that does not harm others. Meeting their delivery quotas and ensuring the safety of other drivers should be of equal importance. Failing to do so can result in negligence, and therefore being responsible for the costs associated with causing an accident.
Why Trucks Are More Dangerous Than Other Vehicles
There are various threats to life and safety that are inherent to all trucks.
This is because trucks:
- Generally weigh far more than the average vehicle, with the largest types of trucks weighing tens of thousands of pounds, compared with many cars that weigh only a couple of tons or less
- Are generally slower to stop than smaller vehicles because of their weight
- Are more difficult to maneuver, which reduces their ability to swerve and avoid a collision
Beyond these structural realities that increase the danger of trucks, the trucking industry imposes demands on its drivers that may make them more susceptible to causing a collision.
Truckers themselves may be at a higher risk of:
- Fatigue because of the long distances and shifts that they are required to drive
- The use of stimulants as a means to stay awake during long shifts
- Highway hypnosis, where prolonged travel periods impact the brain’s ability to process information
While the vast majority of truck drivers are responsible and take care to ensure they are road-ready, there are plenty who do not take these necessary precautions. When they do not, it is often other drivers who pay the price.
Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents
Those who are in an accident involving a truck may suffer a similar range of injuries as any other car accident. The difference is that injuries involving a truck are more likely to be severe in nature.
A few of the possible health outcomes of a truck accident are:
- Spinal cord injury, possibly including paralysis
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Serious lacerations
- Internal bleeding
- Damage to internal organs
Any one of these injuries can lead to long stints in the hospital, exorbitant medical bills, a significant recovery period, and, in serious cases, death. If a truck driver acted in some way that was negligent, they may be responsible for your losses.
Call a Harvey truck accident lawyer at The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312) 223-1700 to speak about your eligibility for seeking compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Harvey, call (312) 598-0739
Our Team is Here to Serve You
You may be facing a lengthy recovery period from injury or coping with the loss of a loved one, but this does not mean your case for compensation has to wait. A lawyer can take the first steps towards justice as you deal with the realities you are currently facing.
When you partner with The Kryder Law Group, LLC, you can expect your legal team to take on the following services:
- Collecting and organizing evidence pertaining to your accident and injuries, including but not limited to photographs, videos, and the police report
- Gathering eyewitness testimony and re-interviewing witnesses to learn more about the details of your accident
- Conducting an independent investigation in search of evidence and other facts that may strengthen your case
- Dispatching independent experts to testify to the presence of negligence, including medical professionals and accident reconstruction specialists
- Walking you through any settlement offers that arise during the negotiation process
- Representing your case before a judge, if necessary
Each case is different and may require additional services than the ones we have listed here.
Harvey Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (312) 598-0739
Possible Compensation If Your Case Is Successful
If your legal team is able to secure a financial recovery on your behalf, you may be able to recover finances that pay for your accident-related expenses.
Possible forms of compensation from your case include coverage for:
- Medical bills, including the cost of treatment and rehabilitative services
- Wages or salary that you have lost due to a prolonged recovery period
- Childcare costs, if your physical condition prevents you from caring for your family
- Assistive devices, such as a wheelchair or modifications to your home
- Mental anguish, pain, and suffering
Call The Kryder Law Group, LLC to learn more about what a successful case may mean for you.
Call Our Team at The Kryder Law Group, LLC Today
We encourage you to promptly seek legal representation. Illinois’s Code of Civil Procedure grants claimants two years from the date of their accident to pursue compensation. However, this may vary based on the details of your situation. When this timeframe expires, you will likely be unable to move forward with pursuing financial recovery.
Our team of Harvey truck accident lawyers wants to get started on your case today. Call our team at The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312) 223-1700.