When a car accident occurs in Ingalls Park, the results may include:
- Damage to your property, namely your vehicle
- Psychological trauma
- Physical injury
- Other financial losses related to the aftermath of the crash and your injuries
If you were not at fault for your accident, then you may have a case for compensation via a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. Even if you were partially responsible for the accident, according to Illinois Compiled Statutes, the contributory fault statute (735 ILCS 5/2-1116) dictates that you could still collect damages.
If you are considering filing legal action after a car accident, call our team at The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312) 223-1700 for a free consultation.
Car Accidents May Be Life-Altering
There is a diverse spectrum of car accidents, from mild fender benders in the parking lot to multi-car pileups that occur at high speeds. While the seriousness of any car accident should not be dismissed, those accidents that fall on the more serious end of the spectrum can truly alter the course of your life.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), motor vehicle crashes are a leading cause of injury in our country. There are several forms of car accidents that can result in serious injury or death, including:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Side-impact collisions
- Chain-reaction collisions
- Collisions that result in one or more vehicle rolling over
- Pedestrian collisions
The injuries that you sustained in your accident may have been due to several factors — many or all of which could play a role in any case for negligence that you bring. Such factors may include:
- The speed that the other vehicle was traveling at the time of impact
- The size and weight of the vehicle that struck you
- Whether or not the driver who struck your vehicle engaged their brakes before impact
- The type of collision in which you were involved
- Whether or not you were wearing your seatbelt
- Whether safety equipment such as seatbelts and airbags in your vehicle functioned as they should
If your accident was serious and you sustained a significant injury as a result, then you may be coping with several hurdles (including but not limited to your injuries). An Ingalls Park car accident lawyer can help you understand what your options are.
The Potential Adverse Impact of a Motor Vehicle Collision
Injuries are often the most serious, devastating outcome of a car accident — especially if they prove fatal. Injuries often contribute to undesirable secondary outcomes of a collision, such as:
- Medical costs related to the accident, which may be substantial (especially if you required emergency transportation, emergency care, surgery, a multi-day hospital stay, or any other costly medical procedure because of your accident)
- Psychological trauma that can impact virtually every facet of your life
- Permanent disability
- Permanent scarring
- Lost wages that you cannot recover while healing after your accident
- A diminished ability to work or earn a living as you would like
- Fundamental changes to your lifestyle
Car accidents can change your life in the blink of an eye, and you may have had no part in the difficulties that you now face because another driver struck you. These circumstances may call for you to file a lawsuit against the responsible party, should you choose.
You can speak to an Ingalls Park car accident lawyer at The Kryder Law Group, LLC for free today at (312) 223-1700 to learn more about the forms of compensation you may be eligible to receive.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Ingalls Park, call (312) 598-0739
Negligence Causes Countless Crashes Each Year
Driver error accounts for many motor vehicle collisions. When a motorist’s actions or decisions cause an accident resulting in injury or death, they may be found guilty of negligence. Some of the forms of negligence — which may have played a role in your accident — include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving over the posted speed limit
- Driving too closely
- Ignoring or otherwise failing to heed road signage
- Weaving through traffic in a dangerous fashion
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving in an aggressive manner
There are myriad forms of negligence that occur on the roads of Ingalls Park at any given time. Any of these dangerous behaviors may have caused your or your loved one’s injury.
Filing a Negligence-Based Lawsuit
If you suspect or know that negligence contributed to your accident and injuries, then you can contact the office of our Ingalls Park car accident lawyers to learn more about filing a lawsuit. If you are a candidate for a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit and choose to proceed, you can expect a lawyer to:
- Collect evidence pertaining to your accident, such as videos, photographs, police reports, forensic reports, witness testimony, and any other relevant forms of documentation
- Formulate a case for compensation based on the sum of evidence
- File all relevant paperwork
- Serve all of your legal needs until your lawsuit is complete
- Advise you regarding your options
- Listen to your account of the accident
- Do their best to help you obtain any compensation to which you are entitled
- Defend your rights
Your Ingalls Park car accident lawyer’s goal will be to help you procure any of the awards you may be entitled to receive based on the facts of your accident.
Ingalls Park Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (312) 598-0739
Call Our Team at The Kryder Law Group, LLC Today
We understand the toll that a serious car accident can take on its victims. We also know the importance of seeking justice for those who have been directly harmed by negligence. We are ready to help you and listen to your side of the story. Call our team at The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312) 223-1700 for a free consultation.