Your employer’s insurance may cover your work-related injury or illness. You could receive coverage for lost wages, medical care, and certain other losses.
The Kryder Law Group, LLC knows how to handle workers’ compensation cases. A lawyer from our firm who serves Mount Prospect can handle your claim or appeal.
Are You Entitled to Workers’ Compensation?
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission (IWCC), certain employees are entitled to workers’ compensation by law. Therefore, you may be legally entitled to compensation for your losses if you were hurt at work.
The IWCC explains that:
- Employers must obtain workers’ compensation insurance if they have one or more employees.
- Ninety-one percent of employees in Illinois are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
- You are generally eligible for workers’ compensation benefits from the moment that you are hired.
Additionally, you do not have to prove negligence to receive workers’ compensation benefits if your case qualifies. You should have coverage even if the accident was unavoidable.
What Circumstances Entitle You to Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
You are generally entitled to workers’ compensation benefits if:
- You suffered an injury in the course of your employment.
- You became ill due to circumstances related to your work.
Certain circumstances may disqualify you from receiving workers’ compensation. Your employer could allege that:
- Your injuries or illness are not work-related.
- You were engaged in horseplay before getting hurt.
- You were engaged in criminal or unethical behavior at the time of your accident.
- You do not have employee status.
- Your workers’ compensation benefits were not active at the time of injury or illness.
A lawyer from our firm can defend you against such allegations. Without a proper defense, you could lose out on the benefits you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a workers' compensation lawyer serving Mount Prospect, call (312) 598-0739
What Types of Coverage does Workers’ Compensation Provide?
The type of benefits you may receive depend on:
- The types of injuries or illnesses you suffer
- The severity of your illness or injury
- The period of time in which you are unable to work
You may receive coverage for the following types of losses:
For a work-related injury or illness, you may need:
- Medical imaging tests, such as x-rays, CT scans, and MRIs
- Care from a general practitioner
- Care from a medical specialist
- Follow-up care
- Medical equipment
Insurance may cover any medical cost related to your employment.
Your injury or illness may prevent you from working for some period of time. In Illinois, workers’ compensation generally covers two-thirds of your average gross weekly wage. If you do not understand what this means, then our team can explain.
We can also determine precisely how much compensation you deserve. We will make this determination after reviewing your case.
An injury or illness may change:
- The types of roles you are able to fulfill
- The number of hours you are able to work
- Your professional skill set
Your employer may have a reasonable duty to retain you. Workers’ compensation may cover the cost of your professional retraining.
You may be entitled to death benefits if your loved one passed away from a work-related illness or injury. We will review your specific circumstances to determine what these benefits may include.
You may be entitled to additional benefits. We can review your employer’s policy to determine your specific coverages.
Mount Prospect Workers' Compensation Lawyer Near Me (312) 598-0739
How Can Our Firm Help with Your Workers’ Compensation Claim?
Our firm will not just help with your workers’ compensation claim – we will handle the entire process. We will involve you only when it is absolutely necessary. Our team will serve you by handling the following duties:
Defending Your Rights
Insurance companies are not on your side. Your own employer may contest your right to insurance coverage. We defend your rights from anyone working against your interests.
We can protect you by:
- Handling communications with insurance companies
- Handling conversations with your employer
- Ensuring that you do not make any recorded statements without our advice
- Defending you from unwanted contact by insurers
Your rights are one of our primary concerns.
Determining the Precise Coverage That You Deserve
We will determine exactly how much compensation you deserve. Our team may do this by:
- Reviewing all relevant insurance policies
- Reviewing your past earnings
- Calculating your current and future medical costs
- Identifying and calculating all of your other covered losses
The calculation of losses can be a complex process. We deal with this step of your claim so that you can focus on healing.
Determining if You Should File a Lawsuit
Some workplace injuries and work-related illnesses are not an employer’s fault. If a third party caused you harm, then you may receive compensation through a lawsuit.
The American Bar Association (ABA) notes the strong likelihood of settling a lawsuit. You may receive a settlement without having to go to trial. We can handle your lawsuit if your case calls for one.
What’s the Fee to Hire Our Firm?
The fee that our firm receives is contingent on us securing a positive outcome for you. This is why it is called a contingency fee.
Such a fee means that:
- You do not pay our firm any upfront fee.
- We pay all upfront costs to complete your case.
- If we win your case, we receive a portion of your winnings.
Contingency fees protect you from financial loss. They also align our financial incentive with yours – we do not receive compensation unless you receive compensation.
What Past Clients Say About Our Firm
Here is what they say:
- “Andrew Kryder is an excellent lawyer who is not only well prepared and easy to work with but very effective in getting the results necessary for his clients. He always keeps the client informed and timely in all responses.”
- “Simply stated the Law Offices of Andrew Kryder handled it! They took care of everything and left me worry free! I was very surprised with the amount of settlement which I’ve received from my case. I would recommend them to anyone in need of legal assistance!”
Our team seeks satisfaction for every client. We afford each case personalized attention so our clients can have peace of mind when seeking compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call The Kryder Law Group, LLC for a Free Case Review
We have obtained several multi-million-dollar case results for our clients. A lawyer from our team will seek every cent of the coverage that you deserve. Our attorneys understand how to navigate the workers’ compensation claims process in Mount Prospect.
Call The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312) 223-1700. We will complete a free consultation and answer any questions that you have.