If you or a loved one has been involved in a collision that caused serious injury or death, you do not have to face the uncertain future alone. There is a path to obtaining the damages to which you are entitled.
A Romeoville car accident lawyer can guide you through the legal process from start to finish. The sooner you contact us, the quicker we can set your case in motion. Call our team at The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312)598-0739 for a free consultation.
We Know What You Need to Prove
Most car crash victims do not know where to start when it comes to the pursuit of damages for their injuries, losses, and other expenses. Our team of attorneys regularly handles car accident-related personal injury cases. We will help you prove that the liable party is at fault for your pain, injury, or even a loved one’s death.
We can demonstrate negligence by following this four-step process:
- Establishing every motorist’s duty of care to other drivers and pedestrians
- Proving that the liable party was in breach of that duty, such as by speeding or driving while intoxicated
- Showing that their breach of duty was a contributing cause to your injury or loved one’s death
- Linking the damages that resulted from that accident
Every case is different, but our attorneys know what to look for when it comes to showing how the liable party or parties caused your accident. We can protect your right to pursue the recovery you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Romeoville, call (312) 598-0739
We Know How to Prove That Your Rights Have Been Violated
The circumstances of your accident and the impact the collision has had on your life are critical to your case. There are several ways that a Romeoville car accident lawyer will go about gathering evidence and crafting a case in pursuit of your damages. They include:
- Visiting the scene of the accident to gather any evidence not captured in police reports and other accounts
- Compiling and analyzing any police reports, video and photographic evidence, and witness accounts of the accident
- Speaking to medical professionals to establish how the accident caused your injuries, the extent of the treatment and recovery needed, and your overall prognosis
- Collecting medical bills, hospital records, and related documentation to accurately connect your accident to your injuries
We will know the evidence needed to build a strong case that supports your claim.
Romeoville Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (312) 598-0739
Know the Limits of Insurance
Motorists are required to have auto insurance in Illinois, under IL Code Sec. 7-601. These policies provide critical protection for drivers when accidents occur. Unfortunately, many policies only cover your basic expenses, leaving victims on the hook for additional costs after an accident.
Limitations of insurance may include:
- A cap on the amount of medical bills and lost wages you can recover
- Rigid designations on the type of damages you can seek
- Pain and suffering is usually not covered
Under IL Code Sec. 6-408.5, drivers are legally required to carry policies covering $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident for bodily injury liability and $15,00 for property damage liability. These amounts may not be enough to cover the extent of your damages, especially in instances of serious injury or wrongful death. Your lawyer can protect your right to fight for the recovery you deserve.
Damages You May Recover from a Car Accident in Illinois
While every case is unique, you may be able to pursue a number of damages from the liable party or parties. These may include:
- The cost of emergency transportation
- ER bills incurred from the accident
- Cost of surgery
- Rehabilitation and therapy bills
- Property damage not covered by insurance
- Lost wages
- In the case of wrongful death, the loss of salary/wages of the deceased
- Pain and suffering
- In the case of wrongful death, the loss of guidance, companionship, and protection provided by the deceased, also known as “loss of consortium”
Allow us to help you pursue the damages you deserve. Call our team at The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312)598-0739 for a free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Do Not Wait to Contact a Romeoville Car Accident Lawyer
Victims have a limited amount of time to file personal injury claims, but your lawyer can ensure all the required paperwork is completed within the appropriate deadlines.
Illinois state law requires that those involved in traffic crashes causing serious injury, death, or at least $1,500 in property damage must file a crash report within ten days of the accident. If a law enforcement officer was not at the scene, those involved in a crash should file a police report as soon as possible. Do not rely on others to file a report; they may not mention important details that only you would know.
You must also take legal action before the relevant statute of limitations bars you from pursuing damages. The state of Illinois generally requires personal injury victims to file within two years from the date of the accident, and sooner if the claim involves wrongful death.
You can trust our team to advise you on how to file your motion for damages quickly and effectively. We will be with you every step of the way, fighting for your right to a fair settlement or judgment.
Call The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312)598-0739 for a free consultation. You pay only when we win for you.