Truck accidents are some of the deadliest motor vehicle collisions. When large trucks hit smaller passenger vehicles, the results can be catastrophic. If you have been involved in a truck accident in Romeoville, the personal injury lawyers at The Kryder Law Group, LLC can provide you with legal assistance following an accident.
After a truck accident, your lawyer can assign liability to the responsible party, investigate the circumstances of the crash, and estimate the cost of your losses. If your case is successful, you may be able to recover the cost of medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. According to Sec. 735 ILCS 5 of the Illinois Statutes, you only have two years from the date of your collision to move forward with legal action, so we encourage you to act quickly.
Your initial consultation is free, and there is no obligation. To get started, call The Kryder Law Group, LLC at (312) 223-1700.
Liability in Truck Accidents
Truck accidents sometimes involve more than one liable party. The reason for this is because there are several entities involved in shipping and delivering goods. Sometimes, it can be difficult to pinpoint who is responsible for the accident. Assigning liability is crucial in truck accidents because it determines who you can legally seek compensation from.
Following a truck accident, the liable party could be:
- The truck driver
- The truck’s owner
- The trucking company
- The truck’s manufacturer
- Cargo loaders
- The person or company that leased the truck
Determining liability can all seem complex and frustrating following an accident, which is why it can be helpful to work with a Romeoville truck accident lawyer. Through an investigation, your attorney can identify the exact party responsible for your losses, and then move forward with pursuing financial recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Romeoville, call (312) 598-0739
Build a Case With The Kryder Law Group, LLC
After you have sought medical treatment for your injuries, we encourage you to reach out to the experienced truck accident attorneys at The Kryder Law Group, LLC to learn more about your legal options. We have the resources to investigate your claim and determine who is at-fault for your damages.
If your case is successful, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Current and anticipated medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Childcare costs
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
When you decide to take legal action with The Kryder Law Group, LLC, our personal injury lawyers will identify all of the damages for which you qualify. Next, we will include these losses in a settlement for financial compensation.
Whether your truck accident involved an 18-wheeler, a semi-truck, cargo truck, or any other large vehicle, The Kryder Law Group, LLC can help you seek justice. Call us today at (312) 223-1700 to learn more about how our personal injury lawyers can help get your life back on track with a civil action.
Romeoville Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (312) 598-0739
Steps Following a Truck Accident
The days and weeks following the collision will weigh heavily on your accident claim.
After seeking medical attention for your physical condition, here are some measures you can take to promote your case’s success:
- Request a copy of the police report made at the accident scene
- Collect any photos or videos showing property damage and your injuries
- Allow your legal team to handle communications with the involved party and their insurer
- Refrain from posting to social media
- Follow through with your prescribed course of treatment
- Do not accept an initial settlement offer from the insurance company
Your legal team will be able to provide additional clarity on what you can do to help your claim.
Your Lawyer Must Gather Evidence
For your case to be successful, your lawyer must collect evidence that points to the severity of your injuries, the negligence of the responsible party, and how the accident itself occurred. Depending on the specifics of your situation, there could be evidence in your case that may not be available to claimants in a similar scenario.
At The Kryder Law Group, LLC, our team can seek the following forms of evidence:
- The trucker’s logbook, where they detail miles traveled, hours rested, and other vital information
- Traffic surveillance footage, if available
- The police report
- Receipts detailing property damage
- Testimony from third-party field experts, including medical professionals, accident reconstruction specialists, and mechanics
- Your medical records
When you reach out to The Kryder Law Group, LLC, we are ready to get to work on your case today. We understand that you want a swift resolution to your claim so that you can carry on with your life. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can get started. Call us today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call The Kryder Law Group, LLC Today
Following a Romeoville truck accident, you may experience costly losses and injuries. The Kryder Law Group, LLC stands by personal injury victims by fighting for the monetary compensation they need.
Some of the services our team provides include:
- Filing your case to the appropriate offices or courts
- Managing all communications with the involved parties
- Negotiating for a fair settlement from the relevant insurance companies
- Investigating the details of your collision
- Assigning fault to the responsible party (or parties)
- Evaluating the costs of your general and specific damages
- Keeping you updated on the legal process
- Taking your case to court, if needed
If you are battling serious injuries from a truck accident, allow The Kryder Law Group, LLC to handle your case while you recover. We offer services on a contingency basis, meaning that if we do not win your case, you do not have to pay us any attorney’s fees. We do this not only to minimize your financial risk but also demonstrate how seriously we take your case.
Call The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312) 223-1700 to start your free case evaluation.