If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you could pursue compensation from the negligent party and their insurer. A Tinley Park motorcycle accident lawyer from our law firm can evaluate your case, present your options, and guide you through the process of getting compensation for your losses.
In This Article
- Our Law Firm Can Help with Your Motorcycle Accident Case
- Can You Afford Legal Representation in Your Motorcycle Accident Claim?
- We Can Prove Fault, Negligence, and Liability in Your Injury Case
- Available Forms of Compensation in Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
- How Does Our Team Calculate Compensation Following a Motorcycle Accident?
- How Long You Have After a Motorcycle Accident to File a Lawsuit
- Trust Our Attorneys’ Experience to Help Guide You Through the Legal Process
Our Law Firm Can Help with Your Motorcycle Accident Case
The attorneys and staff at our law firm have been handling motorcycle accident cases for many years. We have a long history of successful settlements and trials. We can provide you with the assistance that you want in your case and can assist you by:
- Answering your questions about your right to compensation
- Documenting the accident scene
- Gathering evidence of your injuries through medical records
- Investigating the cause of your motorcycle accident
- Filing an insurance claim
- Negotiating a settlement
- Pursuing a lawsuit if necessary
Together, we can work to resolve your case and get you all forms of compensation for which you are eligible. You and your family need not go through this difficult time alone. We can handle your legal claims while you focus on your physical and emotional recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Tinley Park, call (312) 223-1700
Can You Afford Legal Representation in Your Motorcycle Accident Claim?
We charge you nothing to talk with us about your case and get an evaluation of any legal claims that you might have. If you choose to pursue compensation for your injuries with our help, we charge you nothing upfront or out of pocket. You need not worry about paying in advance for us to get started working on your case, either.
You pay us nothing until you receive a settlement or damages award. This arrangement allows all injury victims to get legal representation regardless of their financial standing.
Tinley Park Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (312) 223-1700
We Can Prove Fault, Negligence, and Liability in Your Injury Case
In most motorcycle accident cases, establishing who is at fault for causing your accident is key to getting compensation for your losses. Likewise, you must prove that the party (or parties) that caused your accident was negligent. A Tinley Park motorcycle accident lawyer from our law firm can get the evidence you need to successfully prove fault and liability.
What is Negligence in a Motorcycle Accident Case?
Negligence is a legal term that refers to careless or reckless conduct. All drivers have a general duty to drive safely for the protection of others. When they violate traffic laws or otherwise take actions that result in accidents, they may be liable for the resulting injuries.
Common negligent driving behaviors may include:
- Making unsafe passing maneuvers or turns
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Engaging in distracted driving
- Failing to obey traffic signals
If we can prove that negligence resulted in your injuries, you could recoup compensation for your damages.
Available Forms of Compensation in Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
Based on your situation, you could recover compensation for the following injury-related losses:
Past and Future Medical Bills
You could collect compensation for various medical expenses, including:
- Surgical costs
- Hospitalization bills
- Rehabilitative services
- Medical assistive devices, like wheelchairs
Losses Related to Your Job
If you are unable to return to work, either temporarily or permanently, as a result of your injuries, you may be able to claim compensation for:
- Loss of income
- Loss of promotional opportunities or job-related bonuses
- Tips, commissions, and other related forms of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Vocational training
Various Non-Economic Damages
Other potential damages in a motorcycle accident claim may include:
- Physical pain and suffering due to your injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduction in your quality of life
- Emotional trauma stemming from the accident
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Does Our Team Calculate Compensation Following a Motorcycle Accident?
Compensation for motorcycle accidents can differ significantly due to a number of different factors, including:
- The severity and permanency of your injuries
- The available insurance coverage
- How many parties were involved and who is at fault for the accident
- Your financial losses
- Your expected recovery period
- Your day-to-day function
We will consider all of these factors (among others) when calculating the overall value of your claim.
How Long You Have After a Motorcycle Accident to File a Lawsuit
735 ILCS 5/13-202 governs the length of time you have to file a motorcycle accident lawsuit. The statute of limitations, or legal filing deadline, gives you only two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit in court. This deadline makes it crucial to consider legal aid following a collision.
We typically only file lawsuits when insurance negotiations aren’t fruitful. If the two-year period expires before you file your case, you could lose the ability to seek compensation through the civil court system. Not only would this leave you with few options, but it could also jeopardize the success of your overall case, per the American Bar Association (ABA).
Trust Our Attorneys’ Experience to Help Guide You Through the Legal Process
The motorcycle accident lawyers of The Kryder Law Group, LLC, are available to help you initiate, pursue, and resolve your legal case. We will be with you every step of the way to answer your questions and address your worries. Together, we can work toward the best possible resolution in your case, based on your situation.
You can call us anytime to get a free consultation. Once you understand the basic process, you can determine whether to go forward with your options.