The Kryder Law Group has helped residents of Maywood for decades. Our firm handles car, truck and motorcycle accidents for those injured in Maywood, Illinois. We also handle workers’ compensation claims, premises liability claims, medical malpractice and all types of personal injury claims.
Learn more about Maywood, Illinois in our local guide including information about:
- Maywood, Illinois at a glance
- Maywood Local Resources
- Local Businesses, Restaurants, & Things To Do in Maywood
- Local Higher Education in Maywood
- Local Crime and Accident Rates
- Transportation Information
- Kryder Law Scholarships
- Why Residents of Maywood, Illinois Have Chosen The Kryder Law Group to Handle Their Personal Injury Cases
- Hear from Personal Injury Attorney Andrew Kryder
- Cases Handled by The Kryder Law Group for Residents of Maywood, Illinois
- Questions to Consider When Hiring a Maywood Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Injury Claim
Maywood, Illinois at a glance
Where it’s located: Maywood is about 12 miles away from Chicago, IL
Founding Date: April 6th, 1869
Population: 23,158 (2019)
Motto: Village of Eternal Light
Notable People: Dennis Franz, actor;
Walter ‘Walt’ Parazaider, saxophonist for rock band, Chicago
John Prine, singer, musician, and award-winning songwriter
Doc Rivers, professional basketball player, head coach of NBA’s Los Angeles Clippers
The Village is named for May, the deceased daughter of Colonel William T. Nichols, Maywood’s founder. Colonel Nichols was a State Representative and Senator from Rutland County, Vermont. He served with the Vermont Volunteers during the Civil War. In 1868, Colonel Nichols and six other men came to Illinois from Vermont and formed the Maywood Company, which developed the Village.
At least one house in what became Maywood is known to have been used as a station on the Underground Railroad to aid refugee African American Slaves in escaping to freedom in the North. Some settled in the free state of Illinois; others went on to Canada, which had abolished slavery, seeking further refuge. The site of the former house has been nationally commemorated. The plaque is located at today’s Lake Street and the Des Plaines River bridge.
For a free legal consultation, call (312) 223-1700
Maywood Local Resources
Maywood Police Department
125 S 5th Ave
Maywood, IL 60153
The Maywood Police Department will deliver services to the Village of Maywood through a multi-faceted approach to resolve problems while maintaining a value system centered around Mutual Respect, Integrity, Transparency, and Constitutional Equality.
Maywood Fire Department
Maywood Fire Department no. 1
700 St. Charles Road
Maywood, IL 60153
Maywood Fire Department no. 2
1220 S. 17th Avenue
Maywood, IL 60153
The Maywood Fire Department operates out of two locations. Station 1 is located at 700 St. Charles Road and Station 2 is located at 1220 South 17th Avenue. Station 1 is the main firehouse containing the department administrative offices, fire prevention and education, fire inspection and training. The station is staffed with the shift commander and a minimum of four firefighters 24 hours a day. The department’s administrative office is located at Station 1 and operates on an eight hour business day. Station 2 is staffed with one lieutenant/acting lieutenant and three firefighters.
Maywood Clerks Office
40 Madison Street
Maywood, IL 60153
Maywood Public Library
121 S. 5th Avenue
Maywood, IL 60153
The Maywood Library has 90,000 books. The collection includes circulating fiction and non-fiction plus reference works for in-library use, for both adults and children.
Maywood Chamber of Commerce
209 S 3rd Ave
Maywood, IL 60153
Local Businesses, Restaurants, & Things To Do in Maywood
Below is a list of attractions, restaurants, and things to do in the surrounding area.
- Maywood has eleven area parks. They include:
- Maywood Park (5th Avenue & Oak Street)
- Conner / Heise Park (10th Avenue & Washington Boulevard)
- Winfield Scott Park (17th Avenue & Maywood Drive)
- Water Works Park (9th Avenue & Maywood Drive)
- Standard Park (5th & Lexington Avenues)
- Bataan Park (22nd & Lexington Avenues)
- Tot Lot Park (4th Avenue & Huron Street)
- Central Area Park (S. 9th & Madison Street)
- Bosco Park (21st & Railroad Avenue)
- Burton Park (16th Avenue & Washington Boulevard)
- Tot Lot (S. 10th Avenue)
- Trailside Museum of Natural History
- The Trailside Museum of Natural History is located in the historic Army Theatre at Fort Robinson State Park, three miles west of Crawford, Nebraska on U.S. Route 20
- Winslow House – Frank Lloyd Wright
- Cielito Lindo Coffee Shop
- 612 W Lake St, Maywood, IL 60153
- "In Cielito Lindo Cafe you will have a new experience in Mexican food, you will discover an infinity of flavors and textures in our typical dishes. Our mission is to share with our clients this great experience of flavors, traditions, textures, aromas, colors of our Mexican dishes and that in each dish they can take with them a piece of authentic flavor and above all of the culture, passion and tradition of after and each of our dishes."
- Chef Gaetano’s Artisan Foods
- 7636 Madison St, Forest Park, IL 60130
- Intimate, art-filled option for Italian cuisine with full bar including a wine list & outdoor seats.
- Poor Boy
- 101 Roosevelt Rd, Maywood, IL 60153
- Counter-serve sandwich shop with late-night hours, featuring hot dogs, subs, gyros, burgers & more.
Local Higher Education in Maywood
Below are some notable schoold near Maywood, Illinois.
Private Colleges / Universities
Public Colleges / Universities
Chicago State University
University of Illinois at Chicago
North Eastern Illinois University
City Colleges of Chicago Wilbur Wright College
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Local Crime and Accident Rates
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Maywood is 1 in 38.
For public transportation, the Pace Bus provides public transportation with various routes.
The Village of Maywood is served by the Metra commuter railroad Union Pacfic / West Line. Trains go east to Ogilvie Transportation Center in Chicago and as far west as Elburn, Illinois. Travel time from Maywood Station to Ogilvie is 22 to 27 minutes. There are 13 inbound trains on weekdays, five on Saturdays and four on Sundays. Maywood station is in the heart of Maywood’s business district. Maywood is also served by Melrose Park Station, located on the border of Maywood and Melrose Park on the west side of town.
Kryder Law Scholarships
College bound residents of Maywood are invited to apply for The Kryder Law Group local scholarship. The legal team and staff at The Kryder Law Group, LLC are deeply committed to serving their communities. One way they fulfill this drive for service is by offering scholarships to college-bound students. Kryder Law would like to hear from a diverse group of applicants. It does not matter if you have just been accepted to college or if you are midway through your higher education. Topics change throughout the year, as well as the criteria and application materials, therefore make sure if interested in applying to The Kryder Law Group local scholarship, check on the website for updated information.
Why Residents of Maywood, Illinois Have Chosen The Kryder Law Group to Handle Their Personal Injury Cases
If you have a Maywood car accident, Maywood truck accident, Maywood motorcycle accident, workers’ compensation claim in Maywood, The Kryder Law Group can help you if you reside in Maywood, Illinois. Learn why so many others in Maywood, Illinois have chosen The Kryder Law Group to represent them in their Maywood personal injury case.
The Kryder Law Group is a personal injury law firm servicing Maywood, Illinois and surrounding areas. Each personal injury lawyer at the Kryder Law Group has years of experience and has handled hundreds of accident claims. Each injury attorney has handled Maywood car, truck, bus and motorcycle accidents in the Maywood, Illinois area. In addition, the injury lawyers at The Kryder Law Group have handled Maywood work injuries, Maywood dog bite injuries, Maywood construction injuries, Maywood slip and falls, Maywood nursing home neglect cases and many other types of injury claims for residents of Maywood, Illinois and surrounding neighborhoods. You can be confident each injury lawyer at The Kryder Law Group has the experience to handle your personal injury case and maximize the value of your personal injury settlement or jury verdict.
Hear from Personal Injury Attorney Andrew Kryder
Cases Handled by The Kryder Law Group for Residents of Maywood, Illinois
If you have been injured in Maywood, Illinois you need an experienced injury lawyer. The Kryder Law Group can handle the following types of cases if you live in Maywood, Illinois:
- Maywood Auto Accidents
- Maywood Bus Accidents
- Truck accidents in Maywood
- Slip and Falls at Maywood stores or on property
- Work Injuries that occur at Maywood businesses
- Commercial vehicle accidents that might happen in Maywood with deliver trucks, Uber, Lyft, UPS, Fed Ex and Amazon
- Construction Accidents that occur at Maywood, Illinois construction sites
- Vicious Animal Attacks that happen in Maywood, Illinois
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice, Birth Injuries, Failure to diagnose that happen at Maywood hospitals
Questions to Consider When Hiring a Maywood Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Injury Claim
1. Is it worth hiring a Maywood personal injury attorney for my personal injury claim?
If you have a serious injury, a Maywood injury lawyer can help you maximize your recovery. An experienced lawyer, like those at The Kryder Law Group, knows the value of your case and how to make an insurance company pay the maximum compensations for your pain and suffering. A personal injury lawyer can also help you recover lost wages and other compensation you may be entitled to.
2. How much is my Maywood, Illinois injury claim worth?
Every case is different, but you may be entitled to lost wages, medical bills, future medical bills, disability, loss of a normal life compensation, money for pain and suffering. The personal injury lawyers at The Kryder Law Group can evaluate your case for free. See what you get in your free Maywood personal injury evaluation below.
3. If I am injured in Maywood, Illinois, How long will it take to settle my personal injury claim?
Some cases can be resolved quickly after your medical treatment has concluded. However, in other instances cases can take longer if the injury causes permanent disability. If you live in Maywood, Illinois and would like to discuss your case call The Kryder Law Group for a free analysis of your case.
4. If I speak to a lawyer, what is included in My Free Personal Injury Consultation?
We offer free legal advice to people who live in Maywood, Illinois. We like to understand the goals and expectations of every client before we begin. That is why The Kryder Law Group provides a free personal injury consultation to every client. If you live in Maywood, Illinois we will provide a free legal consultation.
Here is what you will get in your free legal consultation:
- We will evaluate the strength or weakness of your case.
- We will identify all points of compensation you are entitled to.
- We will evaluate the existence of available insurance.
- We will discuss your injury and whether specialists are needed.
- We will evaluate whether expert testimony is needed for your case.
- We will listen to you and answer any questions you may have.
If you reside in Maywood, Illinois, The Kryder Law Group will provide you with a free evaluation. Just call our office and tell us about your case. There is no fee, unless we win. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.