Oak Lawn is a suburb of Chicago, located 18 miles southwest of the city. You can get from Chicago to Oak Lawn via the Interstate-94 Express and US-12 W/US-20 W/W 95th St. The village of Oak Lawn is situated in Cook County, Illinois and is pretty much landlocked by other Chicago suburbs. You can’t visit Oak Lawn without noticing the expansive parks. From small corner play lots to the 38-acre Centennial Park, Oak Lawn is notable for its abundance of recreational facilities and open lands.
The Kryder Law Group has helped residents of Oak Lawn for decades. Our firm handles car, truck and motorcycle accidents for those injured in Oak Lawn, Illinois. We also handle workers’ compensation claims, premises liability claims, medical malpractice and all types of personal injury claims.
Learn more about Oak Lawn, Illinois in our local guide including information about:
- Oak Lawn, Illinois at a glance
- Oak Lawn Local Resources
- Local Businesses & Restaurants in Oak Lawn
- Local Education in Oak Lawn
- Local Charity & Food Banks
- Transportation Information
- Kryder Law Scholarships
- Why Residents of Oak Lawn, Illinois Have Chosen The Kryder Law Group to Handle Their Personal Injury Cases
- Hear from Personal Injury Attorney Andrew Kryder
- Cases Handled by The Kryder Law Group for Residents of Oak Lawn, Illinois
- Questions to Consider When Hiring a Oak Lawn Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Injury Claim
Oak Lawn, Illinois at a glance
Founding Date: The history of Oak Lawn began in 1842 when a land broker, Julian Hatch, acquired 1,273 acres in the area. From this land, a settlement named Black Oaks Grove, or simply Black Oaks, was established. However, the area was incorporated as Oak Lawn in 1909.
Population: 55,022 (as at 2019)
County In Illinois: Cook County
Annual Festivals/Events: Oak Lawn Chamber Golf Outing
Notable People from Oak Lawn, Illinois:
- Brian Bogusevic (born 1984), former outfielder for Chicago Cubs
- Tim Byrdak (born 1973), Major League Baseball pitcher 1998 to 2013; born in Oak Lawn
- Mark Donahue, football player, a lineman for Cincinnati Bengals, two-time Consensus All-American at University of Michigan
- David Diehl (born 1980), football player, two-time Super Bowl champion for New York Giants
- Diandra Asbaty (born 1980), professional bowler; Team USA member and spokesperson for USBC
- Dan Donegan, guitarist for band Disturbed
- Bobby Madritsch, former pitcher for Seattle Mariners
- C.J. Kupec, basketball player, Oak Lawn High School star, played for Michigan and NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers
- Rob Mackowiak, player for several Major League Baseball teams
- Rory Markham, UFC and IFL mixed martial arts fighter
- Harry Yourell, Illinois state representative and businessman
- Juice WRLD, rapper
- Mike Mollo, heavyweight boxer
- Bryan Rekar, former pitcher for Colorado Rockies, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, and Kansas City Royals; born in Oak Lawn
- Michael A. Ruddy, an Illinois state representative and businessman, lived in Oak Lawn
- Marc Rzepczynski, pitcher for Seattle Mariners; born in Oak Lawn
- Dwyane Wade, former NBA player and three-time NBA champion with Miami Heat, attended Richards High School in Oak Lawn
- Benn Jordan, a recording artist known as The Flashbulb; attended Oak Lawn Community High School
For a free legal consultation, call (312) 223-1700
Oak Lawn Local Resources
Oak Lawn Fire Department
6451 W. 93rd Place
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phone: (708) 499-7700
Emergencies within Oak Lawn: 911
Emergencies calling from outside Oak Lawn: (708) 422-8292
Non-Emergency: (708) 499-7721
Oak Lawn Police Department
9446 S Raymond Ave.
Oak Lawn IL, 60453
Phone: (708) 636-4400
Oak Lawn Village Hall
9446 S Raymond Ave.
Oak Lawn IL, 60453
Phone: (708) 636-4400
Oak Lawn Chamber of Commerce
5120 Museum Drive
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phones: (708) 424-8300, (708) 229-2236
Local Businesses & Restaurants in Oak Lawn
Some local businesses in Oak Lawn include:
Auto Repair Service
Metal Masters Carstar
Auto Repair & Service
10235 S Ridgeland Ave, Chicago Ridge, IL 60415
Phones: (708) 422-0808, (708) 422-1092
Sassy Girl Chalet Marketplace
Candy Sales / Gift Shop / Specialty
7224 B College Drive, Palos Heights, IL 60463
Phone: (708) 752-5397
J&L Plumbing and Sewer Inc.
Contractors / Sub-Contractors
4029 Dean Drive, Oak Lawn, 60453
Phones: (708) 423-0106, (708) 423-8438
Mutual of Omaha Mortgage
5009 Lamb Drive, Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phone: (708) 837-9810
Oak Lawn Public Library
9427 S. Raymond Ave., Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phones: (708) 422-4990, (708) 422-5061
Little Company of Mary Care Station East
OSF Healthcare System
Medical Services & Out Patient
5660 W 95th St, Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phone: (708) 499-2973
Oak Lawn Health Mart Pharmacy
4700 W. 95th Street, Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phones: (708) 443-4310, (708) 443-4311
The Kryder Law Group
Personal Injury Law Attorney
If you are involved in any personal injury claim in Oak Lawn, you can seek legal help and get financial compensation for your losses by contacting the Kryder Law Group, LLC.
Address: 134 North LaSalle St.
Suite 1515 Chicago, Illinois 60602
Phone: (312) 598-0739
Banh Mi Cafe
5137 W. 95th street, Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phone: (708) 581-3912
10240 S. Central Ave., Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phones: (708) 499-0505, (708) 499-2358
Browns Chicken & Pasta
4740 W. 111th St., Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phone: (708) 424-9280
Cardinal Liquor Barn / Jib’s Hot Dogs
9630 Southwest Hwy., Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phone: (708) 499-0332
9240 S. Cicero Ave., Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phones: (708) 499-2233, (708) 424-4040
5651 w. 87th St., Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phones: (708) 424-8000, (708) 424-1106
Huck Finn Restaurant & Donuts
10501 S. Cicero Ave., Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phones: (708) 499-1112, (708) 499-1155
Les Brothers Restaurant
8705 S. Ridgeland Ave., Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phones: (708) 599-7990, (708) 599-9824
McDonald’s (95th St)
6034 W 95th St., Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phone: (708) 430-6934
9128 S Cicero Ave, Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phone: (708) 425-6116
Oak Lawn Restaurant
5769 W. 95th St., Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phones: (708) 425-4949, (708) 425-3853
4642 W 103rd St., Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phone: (708) 930-5760
Local Education in Oak Lawn
Community High School District 218 Administrative Center
10701 Kilpatrick Ave, Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Oak Lawn-Hometown School District No. 123
4201 W 93rd St
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phone: (708) 423-0150
Ridgeland School District No. 122
6500 W 95th St
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Phone: (708) 599-5550
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Local Charity & Food Banks
7000 W. 111th St., Worth, IL
Faith Ev. Lutheran Church
9701 S. Melvina Ave., Oak Lawn, IL
1st and 3rd Saturdays 9‐10:00 am
Oak Lawn Community Church
9000 S Ridgeland Ave, Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Wednesday 9:00‐ 2:00 pm
Pilgrim Faith United Church of Christ
9411 South 51st Ave, Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Tuesday and Friday 10:00‐ 12:00 pm
1439 Emerald Street, Chicago Heights, IL 60411
Emergency Food Pantry, 24 hours
Worth Township General Assistance
11601 S. Pulaski Rd., Alsip, IL 60803
Daily 9:00‐ 4:00 pm
Maple Morgan Park Food Pantry
Chicago, IL 60643
6.10 miles from city center Oaklawn
Downers Grove, IL
Christian Worship Center, Downers Grove, IL 60516
12.81 miles from city center Oaklawn
Kryder Law Scholarships
The Kryder Law Group, LLC encourages college-bound community leaders to apply for The Kryder Law Group, LLC Community Leadership Scholarship.
The winner will receive $1,000!
Click here to apply.
Why Residents of Oak Lawn, Illinois Have Chosen The Kryder Law Group to Handle Their Personal Injury Cases
The Kryder Law Group is a personal injury law firm servicing Oak Lawn, Illinois and surrounding areas. Each personal injury lawyer at The Kryder Law Group has years of experience and has handled hundreds of accident claims. Each auto injury attorney has handled car, truck, bus and motorcycle accidents in the Oak Lawn area. In addition, the injury lawyers at The Kryder Law Group have handled work injuries, dog bite injuries, construction injuries, falls, nursing home neglect cases and many other types of injury claims for residents of Oak Lawn, Illinois and surrounding neighborhoods. You can be confident each injury lawyer at The Kryder Law Group has the experience to handle your personal injury case and maximize the value of your personal injury settlement or jury verdict.
Hear from Personal Injury Attorney Andrew Kryder
Cases Handled by The Kryder Law Group for Residents of Oak Lawn, Illinois
- Auto Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Truck accidents
- Work Injuries
- Commercial vehicle accidents with delivery trucks, Uber, Lyft, UPS, Fed Ex, Walmart and Amazon
- Construction Accidents
- Vicious Animal Attacks
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice, Birth Injuries, Failure to diagnose
Questions to Consider When Hiring a Oak Lawn Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Injury Claim
1. Is it worth hiring a Oak Lawn personal injury attorney for my auto accident or other personal injury claims?
If you have a serious injury, a lawyer can help you maximize your recovery. An experienced lawyer knows the value of your case and how to make an insurance company pay the maximum compensations for your pain and suffering. A Oak Lawn personal injury lawyer can also help you recover lost wages and other compensation you may be entitled to.
2. How much is my injury claim worth?
Every case is different, but you may be entitled to lost wages, medical bills, future medical bills, disability, loss of a normal life compensation, money for pain and suffering. The personal injury lawyers at the Kryder Law Group can evaluate your case for free. If you are in Oak Lawn and have questions regarding your auto or injury claim feel free to call us. The consultation is free and there is no charge for our work until we win your case.
3. How long will it take to settle my personal injury claim?
Some cases can be resolved quickly after your medical treatment has concluded. However, in other instances, cases can take longer if the injury causes permanent disability. The length of time a case resolves is heavily dependent on the length of your medical treatment. The longer and more extensive your medical care, the longer your case may take to resolve. If you live in Oak Lawn, Illinois and would like to discuss your case call the Kryder Law Group for a free analysis of your case. It is important to understand your rights.
4. What Will I Get in My Free Personal Injury Consultation?
We like to understand the goals and expectations of every client before we begin. That is why the Kryder Law Group provides a free personal injury consultation to every client.
- We will evaluate the strength or weakness of your case.
- We will identify all compensation you can potentially recover.
- We will evaluate the existence of available insurance.
- We will discuss your injury and whether specialists are needed.
- We will evaluate whether expert testimony is needed for your case.
- We will listen to you and answer any questions you may have.
- We can provide advice on the paperwork you may have received and what to do with it.
5. Can I get a loan on my Injury Case?
Attorneys are not allowed to loan their clients money, but some companies specialize in providing loans to victims of injury claims. Whether you qualify and the amount of the loan is up to the loan company. Your attorney can help you apply if you have an injury claim. Learn more information about this topic.
If you reside in Oak Lawn, Illinois, The Kryder Law Group will provide you with a free evaluation. Just call our office and tell us about your case. There is no fee, unless we win. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.