Kryder Law’s car accident attorneys strongly advocate being a safe and responsible driver. However, many uncontrollable factors can influence whether or not you experience an accident–from another driver’s negligence to bad weather conditions. However, sometimes the conditions of the road itself can cause an accident. If a road has been neglected by state or local government, those municipalities should be held legally accountable.
Possible Road Negligence
Roads can be neglected in a variety of ways. Here are some common symptoms of bad road conditions that might result in an accident:
- Lack of notice occurs when there’s minimal or nonexistent signage about construction, lane merges, or bad weather conditions
- Potholes that have been in disrepair for an extended period of time
- Inadequate use of highway markers, such as stripes and edge lines
- Failure to inspect soft shoulders and provide regular maintenance
- Unsafe intersections that have not been addressed, despite signs that they may be potential hazards
- Lack of sufficient notice of shoulder changes
For a free legal consultation, call (312) 598-0739
What to do
If you feel you or a loved one has experienced an accident based on poor road conditions, it’s critical to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney, like those at Kryder Law. Such cases can be very complicated. Our lawyers will conduct a complete investigation, including analysis of weather conditions, accident circumstances, and the quality of the roadway at the time of the accident.
Contact us today to set up a free consultation. We’ll look at the details of your case and advise you on how to proceed.