Our personal injury lawyers at The Kryder Law Group, LLC, help injured people in Chicago, Illinois, with a wide variety of cases. Our attorneys can seek the maximum compensation you deserve.
Led by Chicago personal injury lawyer Andrew S. Kryder, our legal team has successfully handled thousands of injury cases. Start exploring your options today with a free case review from our law firm.
In This Article
- Our Chicago personal injury lawyers work on contingency fees
- Millions recovered for personal injury clients
- Types of Recoverable Damages in your Chicago Personal Injury Case
- Testimonials from our personal injury clients
- You have a limited time to file your personal injury lawsuit
- Will your injury case go to court?
- What should you do if injured in Chicago?
- Call our Chicago personal injury attorneys for a free case review
Our Chicago personal injury lawyers work on contingency fees
There’s a popular misconception that hiring a personal injury attorney in Chicago is expensive. However, we work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we can start working on your case at no cost. You don’t pay retainers or hourly fees, either. We get paid from the money we recover for you.
If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay our attorney’s fees. We are confident in our ability to settle your personal injury claim.
Millions recovered for personal injury clients
In our years of helping injured Chicagoans, we have secured significant settlements for clients in many types of personal injury cases.
We have recovered millions of dollars for clients injured in motor vehicle wrecks, including:
- $2.2 million for a salesman hurt in an automobile accident
- $2 million for a man hit by a speeding vehicle while waiting for a Chicago Transit Authority bus
- $1.5 million for a truck driver struck by another vehicle while on the side of the road after his truck was disabled
Our firm represents people hurt in motor vehicle accidents such as:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Train accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
Our personal injury lawyers can evaluate insurance policies, calculate your damages, and manage all communications with insurers, opposing counsel, and other parties.
We have recovered millions for injured construction workers in the Chicagoland area. We recovered $7.5 million for a construction worker hurt by a falling support wall and $3.2 million for a construction worker who fell into an uncovered foundation trench.
If you’ve been hurt on a construction site, there are specific laws that help you get the care and compensation you need. Our construction accident lawyers can help if you were injured as an employee or passerby.
Slips, trips, and falls
Our firm recovered $1.4 million for a client who slipped and fell at work, $550,000 for a client who slipped and fell in a grocery store, and $460,000 for a truck driver who tripped and fell while making a delivery.
When you’ve slipped and fallen because of someone else’s negligence, work with a slip and fall injury lawyer familiar with applicable liability laws. Some property conditions that can result in slip and fall accidents include slippery floors, potholes, spilled liquids, and broken objects.
Per the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, most employees in the state are entitled to benefits if they are hurt at work. Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system, meaning that our workers’ compensation lawyer does not need to prove negligence.
However, injured workers may have grounds to bring an injury lawsuit in certain circumstances. Our injury lawyers in Chicago have successfully recovered workers’ compensation benefits for injured workers as well as millions of dollars in injury lawsuits for clients hurt at work:
- $1.4 million for a laborer injured due to carbon monoxide exposure
- $1.3 million for a union truck driver rear-ended while on the job
- $660,000 for a truck driver hurt while unloading his trailer
If you lost a close loved one due to someone else’s negligence, work with a wrongful death attorney familiar with Illinois Wrongful Death Act. You could seek damages for loss of consortium, loss of parental guidance, and final medical expenses.
Our firm recovered $3 million for the family of a man hit by an illegally turning garbage truck.
Our medical malpractice attorneys are here to help you unravel complex issues and obtain the compensation to which you may be entitled. Negligence that may constitute a medical malpractice lawsuit includes:
- Failure to diagnose
- Administering the wrong treatment or medication
- Failure to consult a patient’s health profile
- Failure to respond promptly
- Surgical errors
- Patient mix-ups
- Birth injuries
Whatever negligence led to your injuries, our firm’s personal injury lawyer in Chicago can explore your options and fight for damages.
Nursing home abuse or neglect
It can be difficult to learn that the nursing home you selected for a family member is not providing the level of care it promised. Your loved one has legal rights under the Nursing Home Abuse Act of 1987, presented here by the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP). Our nursing home attorneys will do everything in our power to uphold your loved one’s right to safety, security, and respect.
If you or your loved ones have been seriously injured due to negligence, it is essential that you understand your rights under the law. Our team of Chicago personal injury attorneys can evaluate your case and chart a course of action.
Types of Recoverable Damages in your Chicago Personal Injury Case
Compensable losses in your personal injury or wrongful death case could comprise:
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Lost income, tips, bonuses, and employee benefits
- Property damage expenses
- Medical bills, including anticipated expenses
- Physical therapy and in-home nursing
- Funeral expenses, including the casket, venue, and burial plot
You could be eligible for additional types of losses.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Chicago, call (312) 223-1700
We can Calculate the Value of Your Injury Case
It can be difficult to figure out how much your personal injury case could be worth, as it depends on a variety of factors, including:
- The days in your recovery period
- How much time you missed from work
- Whether you can continue working
- Your emotional state
- Whether you lost a loved one
- Your mobility, independence, and day-to-day function
- Your economic damages
- The nature of your losses
To understand the value of your case, we encourage you to discuss your situation with our injury team. While there are no guarantees, past verdicts can offer some insight into what constitutes a fair insurance settlement or court award.
Testimonials from our personal injury clients
Here are just a few of the kind words expressed in testimonials from our former personal injury clients:
- “Andrew Kryder is an excellent lawyer who is not only well prepared and easy to work with but very effective in getting the results necessary for his clients. He always keeps the client informed and timely in all responses.” – Don P., Chicago, IL
- “Attorneys at the Kryder Law Group are so helpful! They took care of everything when I had a horrible car accident. I could have never gotten the kind of compensation I got without them!” – Amanda L., Chicago, IL
- “Andrew Kryder is an excellent attorney and trusted advisor. Very strategic and skillful on the multiple matters. He takes his time and listens to all your concerns and questions and answers them to the best of his knowledge.” – Chris B., Chicago, IL
You have a limited time to file your personal injury lawsuit
According to 735 ILCS 5/13-202, those injured in Illinois generally have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Our personal injury attorneys can file paperwork within the appropriate timeline. By failing to file your case on time, you could lose the right to seek damages.
The courts would dismiss your case with prejudice, meaning you can never file it again — no matter how compelling your case is.
Will your injury case go to court?
Our Chicago personal injury lawyers’ goal is to reach a suitable settlement outside of the courtroom. Going to trial can be time-consuming. In many instances, personal injury cases are settled through insurance negotiations.
However, our team of injury lawyers in Chicago is prepared to take your case to trial. We will present all available evidence, present your argument before a judge and jury, and cite state law. While your case unfolds, we will continue negotiating with the insurer. If they decide to offer fair compensation, you can accept that money, and we will drop the case.
What should you do if injured in Chicago?
The steps that you take immediately after suffering an injury can have an impact on future legal action.
Seek medical attention
It is critical to seek medical care if you were in an accident. The fact is that some injuries can take hours or days to become apparent. Get medical care as soon as possible so a medical professional can diagnose and begin treating your injuries.
Report your accident
If you were injured at a department store, notify the store’s management. If you were hurt in a car accident, notify law enforcement. Report the accident to begin documenting its cause, contributing factors, and your injuries.
Keep track of your injuries and losses
Keep any evidence of your injuries and losses to help establish the value of your damages. Documents or evidence to keep include:
- Medical bills
- Property damage receipts
- Invoices from your out-of-pocket expenses
- Proof of purchase statements
- Correspondence between yourself and the insurer
- Photographs of your injuries
You don’t want to leave any money on the negotiating table when your case concludes. By keeping track of your damages, we can assign an appropriate value to your personal injury claim.
Call our Chicago personal injury attorneys for a free case review
Our legal team can advise you on your next steps. We can also:
- File paperwork for your injury case
- Explain state law and regulations
- Investigate your accident and injuries
- Communicate with the other parties, their insurers, and their lawyers
- Negotiate a settlement
- Manage your claim and/or lawsuit from start to finish
To explore your options with The Kryder Law Group, LLC, in Chicago, Illinois, call (312) 223-1700 today for a free case review.