If you have sustained injuries in a car accident in Springfield, you may be in pain and feeling overwhelmed at the growing pile of medical bills. You may be feeling alone, unsure of what action to take, and struggling to know where to turn for help.
However, you are not alone. If your injuries were caused by the negligence of the other driver, you have the right to hold them responsible for your damages and pursue compensation through a personal injury claim. A Springfield car accident lawyer can help.
The Kryder Law Group, LLC has handled many successful motor vehicle accident claims and recovered millions for our clients. We are proud of the results we have achieved for those who have been wrongfully injured. We would love the opportunity to see what we can do for you. Call today at (312) 223-1700 for a free case review.
Common Causes for Car Accidents in Springfield
Car accidents happen every single day. While some occur because of poor road conditions and are unavoidable, oftentimes the accidents are the result of a negligent driver who is:
- Distracted while driving, which includes texting while driving, changing the radio, speaking with a passenger, or even admiring the scenery
- Recklessly operating their vehicle
- Drunk or intoxicated by drugs
- Following too closely to allow a safe braking distance
- Not taking precaution in a school zone or high pedestrian traffic area
- Not heeding posted traffic signs and signals
- Driving irresponsibly in inclement weather or with poor road conditions
The Federal Highway Administration reports that over 37,000 people were fatally injured on our national highways, while the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) puts that number at over 40,000. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that 1,570 of those traffic fatalities happened right here in Illinois.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Springfield, call (312) 598-0739
Injuries Reported as the Result of Car Accidents
The most common types of injuries suffered in a motor vehicle accident are:
- Traumatic brain injury: A serious condition suffered to the brain from the force impact of a collision. Symptoms can be wide-ranging and very serious.
- Whiplash: This happens when the head rapidly moves back and whips forward, causing severe damage to the soft tissue in the neck.
- Broken bones: Compound fractures can be life-threatening, but even simple fractures are very painful and take a long time to heal.
- Back injuries: The spinal column includes vertebrae, discs, nerves, and the spinal cord. This complex system is very susceptible to many different types of serious, painful, and potentially debilitating injuries.
This is by no means a comprehensive list. As mentioned, injuries can be so serious that they lead to death. We understand that these accidents are traumatic for families and the person who is liable for the accident should be held accountable for their actions.
Any injury suffered in an accident should be cleared by a medical professional. It is never safe to assume that you are uninjured after an accident. It is worth it to your health and safety to always seek the opinion of a medical professional just to be sure.
Springfield Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (312) 598-0739
Compensation You May Recover Following Car Accident Injuries
In some cases, injuries can cost a lot of money and put you in a troubling financial situation. Do not pay for someone else’s negligence. We may be able to help you recover compensation to cover:
- Doctor appointments
- Treatments and medicine
- Medical equipment
- Continued care
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Other expenses related to the accident
If you lost a family member because of a car accident in Springfield, you also may be able to recover damages for funeral and burial expenses, as well as lost companionship, protection, and support.
We understand that the legal process can seem daunting when you are suffering from injuries or even the loss of a loved one. A Springfield car accident lawyer with the Kryder Law Group, LLC, can handle your case so you can focus on recovering and supporting your family. Call us today at (312) 223-1700.
Laws That May Impact Your Claim
The state of Illinois imposes a two-year limit for claims involving personal injuries. That means if you intend to file a lawsuit, you must do so within two years of the date of your accident or you generally forfeit the right to recover damages.
In the event that your family member dies as a result of his or her injuries, you must file a wrongful death within one year of their death.
The statute of limitations is not the only law that can impact your claim, however. The state of Illinois follows a “Modified Comparative Fault” rule regarding car accidents that may have involved multiple at-fault parties. Basically, even if you are partly responsible for the accident, as long as you do not meet the threshold of 51% responsible, you may still be able to pursue compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Springfield Car Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
A Springfield car accident lawyer is available to meet you in-home for a consultation. If you are unable to travel because of injuries, we can meet you at the facility where you are. Other ways we can help are:
- Properly filing your lawsuit
- Collecting evidence including witness statements and police reports
- Determining liability
- Determining the value of the case by working with professionals that can weigh-in on the extent of your damages
- Contacting the insurance companies to make sure you are treated fairly
- Negotiating with the insurance companies to ensure a fair settlement is agreed upon
- Taking your case to trial if necessary and represent you in civil court
Call the Kryder Law Group, LLC, today at (312) 223-1700 for a free case review. We are more than happy to meet you where you are and discuss your options for pursuing compensation for your damages.