It is often worth hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer if you would like help with the many legal tasks that an attorney can handle for you and if you would like to seek the fairest possible settlement. A lawyer from our firm can help you demonstrate your level of injury, negotiate your settlement, and prove that the other party was at fault–and this can help you seek the best possible outcome for your case.
Depending on your case, the legal tasks that we can handle for you include:
- Investigating claims made by the defendant and attempting to prove liability
- Determining your coverage under your insurance policy
- Filing a claim or lawsuit on your behalf
- Advising you before making important legal decisions
- Researching relevant laws
- Taking your case to court
- Negotiating settlements
- Assigning case values
- Communicating with pertinent individuals
It is important to note that you typically do not pay any money upfront when you retain the services of a personal injury lawyer. At our firm, our motorcycle accident lawyers work based on something known as contingency fees.
This means that we do not need any initial payment to represent your case. If you win your case and you receive a financial settlement, we will collect a percentage of your settlement as payment for our legal services. If you do not win your case, you owe us nothing.
We Can Help You Determine a Fair Value for All of Your Losses
It can be hard to know what a fair settlement offer might look like in your case. We can help you determine a fair value for all of your accident-related losses–including both economic and non-economic losses.
These losses may include:
- Medical costs: Including emergency room visits, hospitalization, surgeries, prescription medication, physical therapy, assistive devices such as wheelchairs or braces, and more
- Future medical costs: Including any estimates of your ongoing or upcoming care needs
- Lost wages: Reflecting days that you missed at work due to your injuries
- Future lost wages: Which can reflect any future reduction in earnings due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering: Including both the physical and emotional anguish that you faced
We will gather evidence of these losses using your medical records, testimony from your doctors, pay stubs from your job, and other sources. You may be able to claim much more than you currently realize–and we can help you determine that case value.
We Can Negotiate with the Insurance Company for a Fair Settlement
Even though your own losses might seem straightforward to you, an insurance company may try to offer you a lower settlement than your case may warrant.
To justify offering you a lower settlement, an insurer may try to claim:
- That you were more responsible than you actually were for your injuries
- That your injuries are less severe than you claim
- That you were in some way responsible for worsening your own condition
We can work to counter these claims with evidence from the facts of your case and work to show the insurance company that you deserve a fair settlement.
For a free legal consultation, call (312) 598-0739
How We Can Help if You are Partially Liable for Your Accident
Some victims do not retain a motorcycle accident lawyer because they feel like they were somewhat responsible for their accident. However, you shouldn’t try to determine your liability on your own. A motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm can gather evidence to show your true level of responsibility for the accident and can help you pursue fair compensation.
According to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116, bearing partial responsibility for your accident does not bar you from recovering compensation in Illinois. Only parties who are less than 51% liable for their accidents maintain the right to seek compensation. As such, any amount of liability over 50% excludes you from any form of economic or non-economic damages.
If the insurance company tries to claim that you bear more responsibility for the accident than the facts indicate, we can defend you from inaccurate claims. We will gather evidence of the other driver’s negligence and advocate for your best interests in the case.
Time Limit on Filing Motorcycle Accident Claims in Illinois
According to 735 ILCS 5/13-202, personal injury lawsuits must be filed within two years of the accident in Illinois. If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, 740 ILCS 180/2 also requires you to take legal action within a two-year period. Your attorney can help you better understand these deadlines and what they may mean for the outcome of your case.
The Kryder Law Group, LLC Serving Motorcycle Accident Victims in Illinois
It is often worth hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer if you would like help seeking the fairest possible settlement for your case. Our attorneys at The Kryder Law Group, LLC can fight for you from the start to finish of your case. You do not have to go through this alone.
To learn more about our motorcycle accident services during your free consultation, contact a representative at The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312) 223-1700.