If you’ve suffered a catastrophic injury in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you are likely facing mounting medical bills, require extensive medical treatment, multiple surgeries, long recovery times, and other challenges that can impact your life. At The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers, we understand the hardships you are facing and will work tirelessly to seek justice on your behalf. Our team of experienced Chicago personal injury lawyers stands ready to provide you with personalized legal advice and representation. Call today for a free consultation.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury is defined as any serious physical injury that has long-term, often permanent, effects. Common examples of catastrophic injuries include spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, burn injuries, multiple bone fractures, and amputations. These types of injuries can cause severe pain and suffering, permanent disability, loss of movement, and cognitive impairments to the injured person.
Examples of Common Catastrophic Injuries in Chicago
Some examples of catastrophic injuries that occur in Chicago include:
- Spinal cord damage resulting in paralysis or loss of motor skills
- Brain injuries, such as a traumatic brain injury and concussions, caused by a blow to the head or other head trauma
- Multiple bone fractures caused by an auto accident or slip and fall incident
- Amputation due to a workplace accident or medical negligence
- Severe burn injuries resulting in scarring and disfigurement
- Internal organ injuries caused by medical malpractice, defective products, or other incidents where a person is crushed or falls from a great height
Talk to a Chicago Catastrophic Injury Attorney Now
At The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers, we understand the difficulties associated with catastrophic injuries. A Chicago personal injury lawyer from our law firm will aggressively pursue full and fair compensation for your losses under Illinois personal injury law. Contact us today to learn more about how our experienced Chicago personal injury lawyers can help you.
Long Term Effects of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries can cause long-term physical, emotional, and financial repercussions. The most common long-term effects of a catastrophic injury include:
- Lost income due to the inability to work or reduced earning capacity
- Ongoing medical expenses for treatments such as physical therapy and rehabilitative care
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress caused by the injury
- Loss of physical mobility, mental capacity, and other impairments
- Diminished quality of life due to the injury
Talk to a Chicago Personal Injury Attorney Today
The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers understand the hardships associated with catastrophic injury claims and personal injury cases. An experienced personal injury attorney from our law firm will fight for maximum compensation for your losses and make sure that you are taken care of throughout the legal process when you pursue a personal injury claim. Call today for a free case evaluation with our Chicago catastrophic injury attorneys.
What Are Some Causes of Catastrophic Injury?
Life-changing injuries can happen to accident victims hurt in a wide range of accidents and incidents. Common types of accidents when catastrophic injuries occur include:
- Motor vehicle accidents caused by reckless or distracted drivers
- Defective products that fail to work properly, resulting in serious injury
- Slip and fall accidents due to dangerous property conditions
- Workplace accidents involving machinery or other hazardous tools
- Medical negligence, such as misdiagnosis or treatment errors, resulting in injury
- Birth injuries such as cerebral palsy that leave a child with a lifetime of special needs
No matter how your catastrophic injury occurred when you suffered severe injuries, whether a car accident, slip and fall accident, or something else, The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers are here to help. We will fight for the compensation you deserve and make sure your rights are protected. Contact our experienced catastrophic injury attorneys today to learn more about how to proceed with a wrongful death or personal injury lawsuit.
Getting Compensated for Catastrophic Injuries
If you or a loved one have been catastrophically injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be eligible for compensation. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, disability or disfigurement, and more.
Examples of Compensation for Catastrophic Injury Victims
When determining the number of damages to seek compensation for, your legal team and the judge will look at how the injuries have impacted you in a variety of ways including:
- Medical bills – including past, present, and future expenses for doctor visits, hospital stays, physical therapy, prescription medications, medical equipment and more
- Lost wages – if you are unable to work due to the injury, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages and benefits
- Pain and suffering – including both physical pain and emotional distress caused by the injury
- Disability or disfigurement – including a decrease in physical abilities, changes to your lifestyle, and permanent scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life – if you are unable to participate in activities that you previously enjoyed
At The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers, we understand the difficulties associated with catastrophic injuries. We will fight hard to seek full and fair compensation for you or your loved one’s losses. Contact our Chicago personal injury attorneys today.
Who Is Liable in a Catastrophic Injury Case?
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, there may be multiple parties who are liable for the injuries caused. In some cases, the victim may be entitled to compensation from several different sources, including insurance companies and even government entities.
Examples of Negligent Parties
Common examples of who can be held liable in a catastrophic injury or wrongful death case include:
- Negligent drivers – motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of catastrophic injuries and a negligent driver can be held liable for the victim’s losses or the death of a loved one.
- Property owners – if a property owner fails to maintain their premises in a safe condition, they may be held liable for any injuries that occur on their property.
- Product manufacturers – if a defective product caused the injury, the manufacturer may be held liable.
- Medical professionals – doctors and other medical personnel may be held liable for medical malpractice and other negligent acts.
- Government entities – in some cases, the government may be found liable for an accident if they were negligent in maintaining a safe environment.
Find Out Who Is Liable for Your Catastrophic Injury, Talk to an Experienced Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been catastrophically injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers can help. Our experienced Chicago personal injury lawyers will fight for maximum compensation for your losses and make sure that you are taken care of throughout the legal process. Contact us today to learn more about how we can assist you.
Get The Legal Help You Need
We know how overwhelming and painful it can be if you or a loved one suffered catastrophic injuries. When accident victims are under emotional pain and physical stress from severe injuries, it can be hard to know what to do.
Our Chicago Catastrophic Injury Attorneys Will Fight For You
At The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers, we understand the difficulties associated with catastrophic injuries. We will fight hard to seek full and fair compensation for you or your loved one’s losses and medical expenses.
Past Case Result Examples
Our team of catastrophic injury lawyers has decades of experience representing injured victims in Chicago and we have obtained millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements in personal injury claims on behalf of our clients including:
- $7.5 million dollars for a construction worker injured when a support wall fell on him. (This amount was the highest award on record for a construction related injury in DuPage County at the time).
- $3.2 million dollars for a construction worker who fell in an uncovered foundation trench. (At the time, this was the highest ranking award on record for a construction injury in McHenry County.)
- $2.2 million dollars for a person seriously injured in an auto accident.
- $2 million dollars for a person struck and seriously injured by a speeding vehicle as he waited for the CTA bus.
- $1.5 million dollars for a truck driver who was struck by a car while their vehicle was disabled.
Do I Have a Case?
If you or a loved one suffered catastrophic injuries in an accident caused by negligence, you may be eligible for compensation. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, disability or disfigurement, this is only a snapshot of potential recoverable damages.
How Much Is My Case Worth?
Every personal injury case is unique and the value of your claim will depend on a variety of factors such as the severity of your injuries, lost wages, medical bills, and any other applicable damages. With decades of experience handling catastrophic injury cases in Chicago, our attorneys have an in-depth understanding of how these types of cases are valued and we will work hard to ensure that you receive the highest possible compensation for your losses.
How Long Will It Take to Recover Compensation for Serious Injuries?
The amount of time it takes to settle a catastrophic injury claim depends on a variety of factors including the severity of your injuries, length of treatment and rehabilitation, how long it takes for the insurance company to process your claim, and any other complications associated with your serious injury case. In some cases, settlements can be reached in a matter of months but complex cases may take years to reach a settlement.
Talk to a Chicago Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Today
At The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping victims of catastrophic injuries receive the compensation they deserve for their losses. We have decades of experience representing clients in Chicago and have helped many recover millions of dollars in damages.
Get Answers Fast
If you or someone you know has suffered an injury caused by negligence, contact us today to get answers from our Chicago catastrophic injury lawyers. Let us put our experience and knowledge to work for you. We will fight hard to make sure that your rights are protected and that you receive maximum compensation for your losses.