Our personal injury attorneys represent clients in a wide variety of cases, and one will represent you if you were injured by somebody else’s actions or decisions. You may be able to collect compensation if negligence was the cause of your injuries.
If you are interested in finding out more about your eligibility for financial awards, call our team of Markham personal injury lawyers at The Kryder Law Group today for a free consultation.
Reasons to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Markham
The basic threshold for filing a personal injury lawsuit can be summed up with a few criteria:
- You or a loved one were injured
- Somebody else acted in a way that directly caused those injuries, or
- Somebody failed to protect you from a high likelihood of injury
These criteria apply in an almost endless number of specific scenarios. Some of the circumstances that may warrant a personal injury claim include:
In some scenarios, a personal injury may warrant a bit more examination, especially if you have any question about your eligibility for bringing a civil lawsuit.
A Lawyer’s Mission is to Obtain Compensation for You
Markham personal injury attorneys—especially those who work on contingency-fee-basis (such as those at our firm)—have a clear goal: win compensation for you. Such lawyers only receive payment if you do, so there is no ambiguity about their motive—it is to win your case as quickly as possible.
A lawyer on our team will take several steps as they attempt to achieve victory on your behalf:
- Collect every available detail about your accident and rely on every available resource, including yourself, eyewitnesses, incident reports, videotapes, and photographs to learn everything they can about the circumstances that caused your injury.
- Consult any experts, legal or otherwise, whose testimony or advice may benefit your case.
- Develop an argument illustrating how the defendant or defendants in your case were negligent and present that case to a jury if your case goes to trial.
- Learn of any settlement offers available to you and provide their professional opinion of whether a deal is favorable or not.
- Take every necessary step to bring your case to a conclusion (ideally, a judgment or settlement in your favor).
A lawyer will also ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process. If your lawyer is successful in their goal, then you may walk away from your lawsuit with compensation for your losses.
You May Win Awards for Losses Caused By Negligence
If your Markham personal injury attorney secures a judgment or settlement that benefits you, then you will obtain compensation for any losses you have sustained because of your injury. Every case is different, and some possible awards include financial coverage for:
- Any surgeries that you have undergone or will undergo because of your injury
- Any emergency care required because of your injury
- Any other medical care related to your injury that has cost you money
- Salary or wages that you have lost because of your injury
- Any diminished earning power, long-term disability, or permanent disability that has resulted from your injury
- Pain and suffering resulting from the injury or the accident that caused the injury
Call a personal injury lawyer in Markham today to begin the process of pursuing such awards.
Call a Markham Personal Injury Attorney with The Kryder Law Group Today
We will serve as your legal advocate as you focus on your recovery. Call our team at The Kryder Law Group today to speak with a Markham personal injury lawyer about your case at no upfront cost.