If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, it doesn’t take long for the aftermath to feel overwhelming. Illinois has a number of statutes designed to protect your rights and hold responsible parties accountable for your and your family’s damages. Understanding these laws and how they apply to your case can be challenging, and an attorney can be helpful as you make decisions that will dramatically impact your future.
A Schaumburg personal injury lawyer at The Kryder Law Group has successfully resolved civil cases just like yours and is here to help. Call our firm today to speak with a member of our team for free. We will review your case, answer any questions you have, and guide you on how to move forward in a way that sets you and your family up for success.
Personal Injury Claims We Handle in Schaumburg
Every personal injury case is different, and without knowing the exact details of the events that led up to your injury, it is impossible to determine what the value of your claim is. A personal injury attorney with experience in Schaumburg will be able to review the specifics of your case, spot negligence, establish liability, quantify your physical and emotional injuries, and advocate on your behalf.
Our team works with victims of injuries resulting from:
Figuring out how to handle the immediate aftermath of an injury can be confusing. In general, there are a few steps every personal injury victim should take to set themselves up for success as they move forward with the civil claims process.
Steps You Should Take after an Injury:
- Document the injury at the location it occurred. If you were injured at work, let your employer know. If you’re injured as a result of a slip and fall on someone else’s property, let the property owner know. Depending on how severe your injury is, this may require you to call in the police and medical personnel.
- See a doctor as soon as possible. Your health is your number one priority. A doctor will examine your injuries, advise you on how to best facilitate a full recovery, and provide documentation that will prove critical as you move forward with your claim.
- Hire a Schaumburg injury lawyer to explore your legal rights and discuss your options. The sooner you seek counsel, the sooner they can start working on your case to seek compensation.
The personal injury attorneys at The Kryder Law Group work on a contingency-fee basis. This means that hiring a member of the team is risk-free. We will work with you to protect your rights without collecting any fees until you win.
Benefits and Compensation You May be Able to Claim
Victims injured as a result of the negligence of someone else—whether it be a business owner, employer, or driver—are legally entitled to seek compensation through a personal injury claim. Compensation settlements can include coverage for any cost incurred as a direct result of the injury. This can include costs associated with medical treatments required for recovery, long-term rehabilitation services, loss of income or earning capacity, emotional pain and suffering, and funeral and burial costs for the families of fatally injured victims.
There are a number of reasons why victims of accidents choose to hire a personal injury lawyer in Schaumburg. They can prove beneficial in many ways. First and foremost, an attorney will understand Illinois’ statute of limitations laws for personal injury cases and will work to ensure an investigation is completed and a claim is filed within the two year time period under 735 ILCS 5/13-202.
What a Schaumburg Personal Injury Attorney Can Do for Your Case:
- Educate: An attorney can explain Illinois state law in everyday terms, so you understand your rights, are aware of how the claims process will proceed, and are able to make educated decisions about how to proceed.
- Strategize: An attorney will formulate a strategic plan of action and communicate with all involved parties so you can focus on what really matters—your health and recovery.
- Advocate: Your lawyer will file paperwork, conduct an investigation, compile evidence, and negotiate on your behalf for a settlement that fairly covers your pain and suffering and expenses. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, a personal injury lawyer can litigate on your behalf in court.
The Kryder Law Group will act quickly to take strategic action to fight for full and fair compensation that covers all your expenses and addresses the emotional pain and suffering you’ve unfairly been forced to experience. If you’ve been injured, you deserve an ally in your fight for fair compensation.
Our team has helped thousands of victims just like you stand up for their rights, claim the compensation they deserve, and successfully resolve their claim. Whether it means negotiating with insurance providers or litigating on your behalf in front of a judge, a Schaumburg personal injury lawyer is up for the challenge. Call our firm to speak with a member of The Kyder Law Group team today. From beginning to end, we are on your side, and we won’t back down until we believe you receive a fair settlement amount from the negligent party.