You may benefit from a Des Plaines personal injury lawyer at our firm if you have suffered an injury or the loss of a loved one and suspect that someone else is at fault for it.
You could receive awards for pain and suffering and other eligible losses after an accident in Des Plaines. A personal injury attorney from The Kryder Law Group will handle your case from start to finish.
What Losses Entitle You to Compensation?
There are common elements to personal injury cases, including:
- Injury or death
- Provable harm
While the specifics of each personal injury case in Des Plaines vary, losses may be similar. The following losses may entitle you to coverage in a personal injury case:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Non-emergency medical care
- Diminished earning power
- Lost income (temporary or permanent)
- Pain and suffering
For Des Plaines personal injury cases involving someone’s passing, you may receive awards to cover:
- A loved one’s permanent loss of income
- Other forms of lost financial protection
- Loss of spousal companionship
- Loss of parental guidance
- Funeral expenses
It is our firm’s responsibility to identify every loss that entitles you to compensation.
How is Much My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
We cannot say how much your case is worth until we:
- Identify all of your losses
- Project future losses
- Determine the value of each loss
- Determine the total value of your case
Once we do these tasks, our Des Plaines injury attorneys can explain how much your case is worth.
How Our Firm Serves Clients Like You
The Kryder Law Group can provide a personal injury lawyer serving Des Plaines to manage your case. As such, we take a personalized approach to every client’s case. Each client has unique:
Our team will speak with you to find out what your losses, hopes, and concerns are. Once we have discussed your case in the proper depth, we will pursue awards for you. In seeking awards, we may do the following things:
Establish Liability for Your Losses
Negligence is often the test for liability, as the American Bar Association (ABA) explains. From car accidents to medical malpractice and other Des Plaines personal injury cases, someone is negligent if:
- They owed you a duty of care (a responsibility to act reasonably).
- They did not honor their duty of care.
- Their breach of duty of care caused you harm.
- You can prove your losses.
Who is liable for your losses will depend on the facts of your case.
Compose a Strategy for Your Case
There are multiple ways for plaintiffs in personal injury claims to receive compensation. Options generally include:
- A settlement
- A judgment
We will compose a strategy for seeking compensation while considering the above options as we devise a plan for your case.
Complete the Administrative Responsibilities of Your Case
Our Des Plaines personal injury attorneys will execute the strategy for your case, too, which generally requires us to:
- Deal with insurance companies
- Deal with other attorneys and firms
- Handle case-related communications
- Draft your legal paperwork
- Submit your paperwork
- Work alongside experts
- Monitor the progress of your case with an insurance company or in the legal system
- Make appearances for you
We handle the daily responsibilities of your case.
Negotiate for Compensation
Some form of negotiation will be necessary to complete your case—liable parties do not generally provide fair compensation without a fight. Our team handles negotiations with insurance companies or lawyers for liable parties.
During these negotiations, we generally:
- Make a comprehensive case on your behalf
- Present evidence that supports your case
- Present documentation of your losses
- Respond to any arguments against you
- Fight for fair awards
If negotiations are not successful, then our injury lawyers can take your case to trial.
Call the Des Plaines Attorneys at The Kryder Law Group about Your Personal Injury Case
A personal injury begs for justice. If you or a loved one have suffered harm, then our firm will work for you. A Des Plaines personal injury lawyer from our firm will manage your lawsuit or claim while you focus on your recovery. We know how to complete cases in the Des Plaines jurisdiction.
Call the Kryder Law Group today for a free consultation. Do not wait to call. The time for you to file your case may be limited under 735 ILCS 5/13-202 or 740 ILCS 180/2.