The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers represents seriously injured accident victims who have been involved in motorcycle accidents in Chicago. Motorcycle riders face a disproportionate risk of serious injury and death due to the lack of protection provided by the vehicle. If you are the victim of an accident involving a motorcycle, our team can help.
Recovering from a Serious Motorcycle Accident: Your Legal Rights
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers will fight for your rights to the full extent of the law. Our experienced Chicago motorcycle accident lawyers are highly skilled in motorcycle accident claims, navigating Illinois’ legal system and advocating for victims’ best interests.
Get the Compensation You Deserve After Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Occur
We understand that recovering from a serious accident can be an emotionally and financially draining experience. We are here to make sure you receive the justice and compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses. Our attorneys will work closely with you every step of the way to ensure that your case is being handled properly and efficiently.
Let Us Help, Call Today
Our attorneys are knowledgeable in the complexities of Illinois’ personal injury laws, and will pursue the full compensation you deserve. We will also help you stay informed throughout the entire process, providing status updates on your case as necessary. When an accident occurs, you may be overwhelmed with medical bills and trying to manage your daily life. We are here to help make the legal process easier for you.
What Is My Case Worth?
The value of your case depends on many factors, including the severity of your injuries, the amount of medical bills you have incurred, and the impact the accident has had on your life. Our attorneys at The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers will evaluate all aspects of your case to determine its worth. We will work diligently to ensure you receive a fair and just settlement.
Call today to discuss the details of your severe injuries.
Example Settlements and Verdicts from The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers
We’ve successfully fought for maximum compensation for hundreds of clients like you. Here are some examples of settlements and verdicts from past cases:
- $7.5 million for a paraplegic
- $3.2 million recovery for back surgery
- $3 million for wrongful death
- $2.2 million for back and leg injury
- $1.5 million for a leg injury
- $1 million for severe burns and scars
- $100k+ Dozens more six-figure recoveries for serious bodily injury claims
Call today so we can put our experience to work for you.
Examples of Compensation for Chicago Motorcycle Accidents
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident in Chicago, you may be entitled to various forms of compensation. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may be eligible for financial compensation for lost wages, medical bills and expenses, and more.
Get Compensated for Medical Bills and Expenses
When you’ve been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be inundated with medical bills and expenses. You may be eligible for compensation to cover the costs of your medical treatments, including hospital stays, doctor visits, physical therapy, medications, and more.
Recoup Lost Wages and Income
It is not uncommon for victims of serious accidents to miss time from work due to their injuries and medical appointments. You may be eligible for compensation to cover lost wages while you are recovering from your accident.
Get Paid for Your Pain and Suffering
In addition to financial compensation, you may also be able to seek damages for pain and suffering caused by the accident. This includes physical pain, mental anguish, emotional distress, disability, or disfigurement.
Financial Compensation for Wrongful Death
If a loved one has passed away in a motorcycle accident, you may be eligible to seek compensation for wrongful death. This includes funeral and burial expenses, loss of companionship or support, and more.
Factors That Affect Your Motorcycle Accident Claim in Chicago
When filing a motorcycle accident personal injury claim, there are several factors that can affect the outcome. These include the severity of your injuries, the amount of medical expenses and bills you have incurred, the impact on your daily life, and more. Our attorneys at The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers will evaluate all aspects of your case to ensure you receive a fair and just settlement.
How We Use these Factors to Maximize Your Claim
At The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers, our Chicago motorcycle accident and personal injury attorneys have successfully fought for maximum compensation on behalf of hundreds of clients. We understand the complexities of motorcycle accident cases, and we have the experience to maximize your claim.
Our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers will:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident scene.
- Gather evidence to demonstrate negligence and liability.
- Obtain medical records, bills, and reports to show the extent of your injuries.
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Seek damages for your pain and suffering.
- Take your case to court if you aren’t offered a fair settlement.
Call us today so we can put the experience of our Illinois motorcycle accident lawyers to work for you. We understand the stress and worry that come with serious injuries, and we will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve.
What to Do After a Chicago Motorcycle Accident
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to take the following steps to protect your rights and seek maximum compensation:
- Seek medical attention immediately. Even if you don’t think your injuries are serious, it is always best to have them checked by a medical professional. Many seemingly minor injuries caused by motorcycle accidents may be symptoms of something more serious.
- Document the accident scene including photos, witness statements, filing a police report, and any other pertinent information that will help with your claim.
- Document all medical treatment you receive and save copies of all bills and records related to your treatment.
- Contact a Chicago motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
- Do not discuss (or post about) the accident or your injuries with anyone other than your lawyer and medical professionals.
- Follow your lawyer’s instructions and be sure to respond promptly to all requests for documents or information.
At The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers, our experienced Chicago motorcycle accident lawyers will help you navigate the legal system and seek maximum compensation for your motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
Common Types of Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accident injuries are often more severe than those of other vehicle collisions due to the lack of protection offered by a motorcycle. Riders often suffer from debilitating injuries that require extensive medical care and treatment.
Catastrophic Injury Examples
Most motorcycle accidents involve one or more of these common injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) – Suffering from a traumatic brain injury is common in motorcycle crashes when a rider hits their head that can result in long-term cognitive impairments. These types of severe injuries often require intensive rehabilitation.
- Spinal cord injuries – When a motorcyclist is thrown from their bike, they can suffer serious spinal cord injuries and other head and neck injuries which may lead to permanent paralysis.
- Broken bones – Broken bones are common in motorcycle accidents and can require surgery, physical therapy, and a long recovery time which prevents the injured rider from working and enjoying regular day to day activities.
- Neck injuries – Neck injuries can cause severe neck pain, stiffness, and difficulty moving the neck. This type of injury often requires long-term treatment and can result in a lifetime of pain.
- Internal injuries – Internal bleeding and organ damage can be difficult to detect and require immediate medical attention.
- Road rash – Road rash occurs when a motorcyclist’s skin is rubbed against the pavement, resulting in painful scrapes and bruises. Treatment may include multiple doctor visits, skin grafts, and other treatments to reduce scarring.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws
While wearing motorcycle helmets is not required by law in Illinois, it is critical in preventing serious injuries like these in a motorcycle wreck. Approximately only 65% of riders in the United States wear helmets, and sadly the numbers have been decreasing in recent years; this lack of protective gear can lead to catastrophic injuries for a motorcycle rider involved in a wreck.
At The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers, we believe in the importance of wearing a helmet. We urge all motorcycle riders to wear helmets and ride safely in order to reduce their risk of serious injury or death.
Motorcycle Accidents and Wrongful Death
Motorcycle crashes are responsible for over 5,000 deaths in the United States each year. If you or someone you love has been the victim of a wrongful death due to a motorcycle accident, our Chicago motorcycle accident lawyers can help. We will guide you through the legal process during this distressing time with compassion and work to ensure that your rights are protected.
Examples of Compensation for Wrongful Death Motorcycle Accident Victims
If you lost a loved one in a fatal motorcycle accident, our wrongful death lawyers are here to help you with your wrongful death claims after a motorcycle crash. A wrongful death lawsuit could help your family recover expenses such as:
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Funeral and burial costs
- The decedent’s income and benefits
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering
How to Seek Justice in a Wrongful Death Claim
Call today and let The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers help you get the justice you deserve. Our team of compassionate and experienced Chicago motorcycle accident attorneys will fight for you and your family. We understand the trauma of wrongful death caused by fatal motorcycle crashes, and we are here to help you through this difficult time.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
Why Are Motorcycle Accidents So Common?
Statistics in the past few years show that riders are almost 7 times more likely to die in a crash than the occupant of a passenger vehicle. This is because of the vulnerability of motorcyclists, which puts them at a higher risk of injury.
Other Drivers Fail to See Motorcycles
One of the most common causes of fatal motorcycle accidents, is other driver’s negligence and failing to see motorcyclists on the road. This can potentially lead to devastating consequences, but it is important to remember that riders have the same rights on the road as any other driver.
Motorcycle Riders Can Be Reckless
Although most motorcycle riders are responsible and safe on the road, some may ride dangerously or recklessly. These dangerous behaviors may include speeding, weaving in and out of traffic and failing to obey traffic laws. This can lead to serious accidents and legal consequences.
Motorcycle Riders Are Aging
Motorists must also be alert to older motorcyclists, many of whom sometimes return to riding motorcycles after not having operated one for several decades. Older motorcyclists are at an increased risk for injury, as their reaction times decrease.
Chicago Weather Can Be Challenging for Riders
Chicago’s weather can also present riders with dangerous conditions on the road. Rainy or icy days can make roads more difficult to navigate and can increase the risk of accidents. All riders should always take extra caution when riding in inclement weather.
When to Hire Chicago Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Our Chicago lawyers can step in to take over your motorcycle accident case at any point. If you were just involved in a motorcycle crash and haven’t started working on your case yet, we can determine your best path to compensation. If you have already received a settlement offer but it won’t cover your losses, we can help with that too.
Act Quickly to Protect Your Rights
While you can never hire an experienced Chicago motorcycle accident attorney too soon, you can wait too long. The statute of limitations for a motorcycle accident case in Illinois is just two years. That means you must start your case within two years of the date of your accident or risk paying for your medical bills and expenses on your own.
Can I Afford a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
The attorneys at The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers understand that you may be worried about the cost of legal fees. We offer free consultations, and we work on a contingency fee basis. That means you don’t have to pay us anything unless we win your case. We cover the costs of investigating and litigating Chicago motorcycle and car accidents, and we only get paid if you win, so you don’t need to worry about how you can afford a Chicago motorcycle accident attorney.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help. We represent seriously injured motorcycle accident victims.
Get Help from a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Chicago
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident in the Chicago area, don’t wait to get legal help. The attorneys at The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers are experienced in protecting the rights of accident victims. When you call, we can answer all of your questions and help you determine the best way to move forward. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What will I get in my free consultation?
The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers will provide a totally free consultation to evaluate your case. Our experienced motorcycle injury lawyers are ready to answer all your questions about how to make sure you get full and fair compensation. We like to understand the goals and expectations of every client before we begin a case and we are here to listen to you. That is why our law firm provides a free consultation to every client.
What Happens in a Free Consultation with an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Here is what you get during your free consultation:
- We evaluate the strength or weakness of your case.
- We identify the compensation you are entitled to receive under Illinois law and discuss what you can expect from your motorcycle accident settlement.
- Our motorcycle accident attorneys evaluate the existence of available insurance coverage from the insurance companies of all car drivers and riders involved.
- We discuss the extent of your motorcycle accident injuries, identify catastrophic injuries, and whether specialists are needed for your motorcycle injuries.
- Our legal team will evaluate whether expert testimony, such as that from an accident reconstructionist, is needed for your Chicago motorcycle accident case.
- We give you an estimate of how long the case will take to complete.
- We will listen to you and answer any questions about a personal injury lawsuit that you may have.
Call to Speak with One of Our Chicago Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
There is no obligation. There is no cost. There is no reason not to call and talk to a motorcycle accident lawyer at our personal injury law firm to find out for yourself what the value of your motorcycle collision case may be.