If someone else’s negligence caused your or a loved one’s injuries, you might be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against them to recover damages. At The Kryder Law Group, we believe that seriously injured victims should not have to pay for their losses on their own. An Arlington Heights personal injury lawyer from our team might be able to help you collect compensation and hold the negligent party accountable. Call a member of our legal team today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Common Personal Injury Cases in Arlington Heights
Our firm handles many personal injury cases, including the following:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents can be dangerous and deadly. If you or a loved one suffered an injury that another driver caused, you might be able to file a personal injury claim for damages against them.
There can be multiple liable parties in motor vehicle accidents. Some include:
- The other driver: If another driver acted negligently and caused your injuries, they might be responsible for paying for your losses.
- The driver’s employer: If the negligent driver was working within the scope of their employment when they caused the accident, their employer would most likely be responsible for your losses under the legal doctrine of respondeat superior.
- The vehicle’s mechanic: If there was an issue with the vehicle that the driver promptly took to be fixed, but the mechanic was negligent and made a mistake that caused the accident, they might be responsible for your losses.
- The manufacturer: If a faulty part on the vehicle caused the accident, the manufacturer of the part could be responsible for your injury. If a design flaw caused the crash, the vehicle manufacturer could be responsible.
Slip and Fall Injuries
If a tripping hazard on someone else’s property in Arlington Heights caused your or your loved one’s personal injury, you might be able to hold the property owner responsible.
You and your attorney must show the following to qualify for a personal injury claim after a slip and fall injury:
- You were on the person’s property legally
- They knew or should have known about the hazard
- They did nothing to fix or negligently fixed the hazard
- The hazard caused your injury
- Your injury caused physical pain and tangible losses
Negligent Security Injuries
If you suffered an injury because of a lack of security on someone else’s property, you could hold the property owner accountable.
For example, if you were shot in a robbery at a store and there was not enough security to prevent the foreseeable crime, you could file a personal injury lawsuit against the store owner.
Workers’ Compensation Claims
If you were injured at work and now have to stay home or work less to recover, you might be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. A personal injury attorney in Arlington Heights can help you with your workers’ compensation claim and help you collect benefits or negotiate a settlement.
Product Liability Injuries
If a faulty product caused your injury, the manufacturer or the company that sold it might be responsible for your losses. For example, if a bad drug caused you to develop kidney issues, you could file a personal injury lawsuit against the drug maker.
Nursing Home Neglect or Abuse
Elder abuse is all too common in and around Arlington Heights, and the people who are supposed to be helping our senior loved ones often subject them to mistreatment and neglect. If your loved one’s personal injury stemmed from nursing home abuse or neglect, a local lawyer can help you hold the facility and its staff accountable.
Medical Malpractice Injuries
When a healthcare professional sidesteps the acceptable standard of care in the medical field, it can cause injuries to their patients. If you or a loved one were injured by a negligent healthcare provider, you can work with a personal injury lawyer in Arlington Heights to file a medical malpractice claim against them to recover compensation and hold them accountable.
How an Arlington Heights Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
A personal injury attorney can handle your case from start to finish—something valuable to victims of recent injuries. The last thing you need after an accident is to handle a legal claim for damages. You should be focusing on your own physical recovery while we focus on your financial recovery.
Here are some of the tasks a personal injury lawyer can take care of for you:
- Determine who is liable for your injuries
- Gather evidence against the liable party
- File a claim or lawsuit on your behalf
- Negotiate a settlement out of court
- Take your case to trial if necessary
It can be difficult to handle a personal injury claim or lawsuit on your own, and an Arlington Heights lawyer at our firm is available to help you.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Lawsuits in Arlington Heights?
You have a limited amount of time in Illinois to pursue damages for your personal injury accident. According to 735 ILCS 5/13-202, you generally have two years following the date of the accident to file a civil lawsuit against the negligent party.
While this may seem like a lot of time, it can take a while for your attorney to gather all of the evidence they need to make a strong case against the liable party. Settlement negotiations are also a variable in how long a claim can take. If you miss the deadline to file a lawsuit, you generally lose your right to recover any losses.
Call an Arlington Heights Personal Injury Attorney for a Free Consultation
An Arlington Heights personal injury lawyer from The Kryder Law Group might be able to help you take on the negligent party and recover compensation.
We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you owe us nothing upfront or out of pocket. We get paid when you do. Reach out to our legal team for a free case evaluation today.