When you’ve been seriously injured in an accident in Romeoville, Illinois, you need a Romeoville personal injury lawyer who understands the laws governing these types of cases and can hold negligent parties accountable for the harm you suffered and pursue compensation and justice that you deserve.
The experienced attorneys at The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers have been helping local families whose lives have been upended by serious auto accidents and other injuries throughout Illinois for decades.
Common Types of Personal Injury Accidents in Romeoville
The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers handle a wide range of serious personal injury law cases in Romeoville, including:
Car accidents are the leading cause of personal injury cases in Romeoville.
Vehicle accidents involving large commercial vehicles.
Motorcycle accidents are often caused by another vehicle’s negligence and may entitle you to compensation for your losses.
Pedestrian accidents are a particularly serious type of accident that could result in severe, life-altering injuries.
Slip and Fall Accidents
Premises liability law defines the responsibility of a property owner or business to avoid hazardous conditions on their property. If negligence by a property owner caused your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation.
Dog Bite Injuries
Caused by an otherwise responsible pet owner’s failure to follow proper safety rules.
Medical malpractice is caused by a healthcare provider’s negligence or misdiagnosis.
Nursing Home Abuse
The result of neglect or mistreatment of an elderly loved one in a nursing home.
Suffering devastating loss due to another person’s negligence.
Common Types of Injuries in Personal Injury Claims
At The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers, our Romeoville personal injury lawyers understand the physical, emotional and financial impact of personal injury accidents on individuals and families in Romeoville.
We handle all types of injuries resulting from these accidents, including:
Traumatic brain injuries – (TBI’s) caused by a blow to the head or lack of oxygen
Spinal cord injuries – (SCI’s) resulting in permanent disability or paralysis
Broken bones – often requiring surgery or lengthy recoveries
Soft tissue damage/whiplash – commonly associated with car accidents
Burns – tissue damage that results from heat
Cuts/lacerations – skin wounds without missing skin.
Internal organ damage – when an internal organ structure or function becomes impaired
Internal bleeding – a loss of blood from a blood vessel that collects inside the bod, including a bruise
What to Do – and Not Do – After a Serious Injury in Romeoville, IL
If you’re in an accident in Romeoville, IL, it’s important to take the following steps:
- Seek medical care as soon as possible.
- Gather evidence from the accident scene, including photos, videos, and witness statements.
- Preserve any documentation related to your injuries, such as doctors’ reports and medical bills.
- Consult with an experienced personal injury attorney in Romeoville, IL.
- Do not speak to any insurance company representatives before speaking with your lawyer.
- Do not post about your car accident or injuries on social media.
What Are the Most Painful Injuries?
The most painful injuries that can result from a serious accident in Romeoville are those that involve the spinal cord, brain and internal organs. These types of injuries can cause life-altering consequences for victims and their families, often requiring long-term medical care and rehabilitation, as well as significant financial losses due to expensive medical bills and lost wages.
What Are the Benefits of Working with a Personal Injury Attorney?
The personal injury attorneys at The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers offer clients extensive experience in representing accident victims throughout Romeoville and Illinois. By working with an experienced personal injury lawyer from our law firm, you will benefit from:
- Comprehensive knowledge of personal injury law that governs these types of complex cases.
- Access to expert witnesses who can help build your case.
- Masterful handling of negligence claims like yours, negotiating with any insurance company involved.
- Ability to maximize financial compensation for damages related to the accident such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of companionship and funeral costs (in wrongful death cases).
- Peace of mind that your interests are being represented by knowledgeable and experienced Romeoville personal injury lawyers.
Can I Represent Myself in a Personal Injury Case?
Although it may be possible for you to represent yourself in a personal injury claim, we strongly recommend that you seek the assistance of an experienced Romeoville personal injury lawyer.
Insurance companies and their attorneys have teams of lawyers who handle these personal injury cases every day and know all the legal tricks to reduce or deny compensation for your injuries. Insurance companies often use delay tactics to keep settlement amounts low.
An experienced personal injury attorney can ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive fair compensation for the injuries and losses you have suffered.
When Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Not Help Me?
There are certain circumstances in which a personal injury lawyer cannot help you:
- If the accident was caused by your own actions and there is no evidence of negligence on behalf of another party, then it may not be possible to pursue a claim.
- If there is insufficient proof that your injuries or workplace accidents were caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, then it may not be possible to pursue a claim.
- If you have already accepted a settlement for the harm you suffered.
- According to personal injury law, The Statute of Limitation has expired.
- Criminal cases are not handled in personal injury claims.
Do I Have to Go to Court?
Most personal injury insurance claims are are settled out of court, without the need to file a lawsuit. However, if negotiations with the liable person or their insurance company do not result in a fair settlement, it may be necessary for our law firm to take your case to court in order to receive the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to start working with one of our experienced Romeoville injury lawyers.
Types of Compensation for a Personal Injury Victim
If you are successful in obtaining a judgement in your favor, you may be entitled to several types of financial compensation. This can include:
Medical bills (past and future)
Lost wages (past and future)
Pain and suffering
Emotional distress/mental anguish
Loss of companionship
Funeral costs (in wrongful death cases)
Property damage costs
If you have been seriously injured in an accident, an experienced Romeoville personal injury lawyer at The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers can help.
What Factors Determine What Is My Case Worth?
The amount of compensation you may receive as a result of your personal injury claim is dependent on several factors, including:
- Severity of your injuries
- Costs associated with medical treatment and physical rehabilitation
- Amount of lost wages due to missed work
- Permanent disability or disfigurement resulting from the accident
- Pain and suffering
Contact a Romeoville, Illinois Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you have been seriously injured in an accident in Romeoville, contact The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers for a free consultation. We will review the facts of your case and help ensure that all liable parties are held accountable for the harm they caused. The attorneys at our law firm have a proven track record of success in helping personal injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Us Today For a Free Consultation
Each Romeoville personal injury lawyer in our law firm has the knowledge and resources to get you the compensation you deserve. We are available 24/7 to provide legal counsel and to answer your questions. Don’t wait – contact us now to discuss your case and get the help you need.