If you were hurt because of another party’s negligent or reckless actions, they should pay for your damages. A Bloomington personal injury lawyer with The Kryder Law Group can help you seek compensation for your losses, including awards for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
Our Attorneys Assist with a Wide Range of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury law encompasses a wide range of cases. Our Bloomington attorneys can fight for personal injury damages stemming from:
If you or a loved one suffered injuries and monetary damages because of someone else’s wrongdoing or carelessness, contact our team. Our lawyers can help you hold the negligent party financially responsible.
You Could be Entitled to Compensation for Your Expenses and Losses
Personal injury damages award victims for the actual costs associated with their injury, as well as for how their injury negatively impacts their life. In general, compensation falls into two categories:
- Economic damages – These damages relate to your concrete bills and expenses. They include your medical bills, future medical treatment, property damages, lost wages, and loss of earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages – These damages compensate you for reductions to your quality of life. They include awards for physical, mental, and emotional complications, including depression, anxiety, sleeplessness, loss of mobility, and chronic pain.
We Can Help You Pursue Awards on Behalf of a Deceased Loved One
If your loved one passed away from a personal injury, you could seek compensation for financial losses associated with their death. According to 740 ILCS 180/1, a representative of the deceased’s estate can seek awards on behalf of the deceased’s surviving spouse or next of kin.
Wrongful death compensation may include economic damages related to your loved one’s final medical care, loss of income, and funeral and burial expenses. You may also seek non-economic damages related to your pain and suffering over the loss of your family member.
Our Bloomington Attorneys Want to Help You Receive Every Dollar Possible for Your Personal Injury
You have suffered enough without the added concerns of medical bills and other expenses. We want to help you hold the person who hurt you financially responsible for the damages they caused. We have a track record of helping personal injury victims in and around Bloomington recover millions of dollars.
Our successful case results include:
- $7.5 million for a construction worker injured on the job
- $3 million for the family of a victim hit by a garbage truck
- $2.2 million for a salesman injured in an automobile collision
- $1.4 million for a workplace slip and fall injury
- $1.4 million for a worker injured by carbon monoxide exposure
Our personal injury attorneys can help you identify and pursue the compensation available to you. Your Bloomington lawyer will help you calculate your personal injury-related out-of-pocket costs, future medical needs, and pain and suffering. We will fight to get every penny owed to you and your family.
How Much Compensation Can You Win for Your Injuries?
No two personal injury cases are the same, and the value of every case is different. Factors that may affect your settlement or verdict amount include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The extent of your pain and suffering
- Your past and future medical bills
- Your age
- Your wages at the time of your injury
- Whether you suffered a temporary or permanent disability
- The value of your property damages
Unlike some states, Illinois does not place a cap on non-economic compensation. There also is no cap on damages available in a medical malpractice case. Reach out to our team to learn more about how our Bloomington personal injury attorneys can help you fight for the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
How Can Working with Our Bloomington Injury Lawyers Benefit You?
Working with our attorneys can take the legal burden off of your plate so that you can focus on your recovery. Working with our lawyers can also protect your rights and give you a voice.
Many victims settle their cases through insurance claims. You can file a claim without a lawyer’s help, but the insurance companies will have their own legal team working on your case. Having a personal injury lawyer in your corner can send the message that you will not be bullied or intimidated into accepting less money than you deserve.
Our team will:
- File your insurance claim and draft and submit your demand letters
- Handle communications with the insurance companies on your behalf
- Build a case for negligence using photographs, videos, witness testimony, expert opinions, and all other available evidence
- Review your settlement offers
- Reject low settlements and negotiate for a more advantageous outcome
- Pursue a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary
Adhering to Illinois’ Statute of Limitations
While we could resolve your case without a trial, we can take legal action if we are unable to reach a fair settlement amount through insurance. You have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in Bloomington, under 735 ILCS 5/13-202.
You also have two years to pursue cases involving nursing home abuse, product liability, medical malpractice, and wrongful death. You have five years to recover property damages, according to the time limit imposed by 735 ILCS 5/13-205.
If the statute of limitations runs out, you may not be able to seek compensation. Our lawyers can tell you more and discuss circumstances that could reduce or extend your time limits.
Reach out to a Bloomington Personal Injury Attorney to Get Started on Your Case
If you suffered a personal injury in Bloomington, reach out to our team today. We serve clients on contingency, so hiring your lawyer could cost you nothing out-of-pocket. To learn more about how a Bloomington personal injury lawyer can assist you with seeking compensation, call our offices for a free consultation.