If you suffered a personal injury due to the reckless actions of another person, you might be entitled to compensation. A serious injury can leave you with mounting medical costs and an inability to work. A Cicero personal injury lawyer may represent you in a civil claim and lawsuit.
At The Kryder Law Group, we may investigate your accident and identify all parties responsible for your harm. We may then build a case for compensation based upon our findings. Our law firm helps accident victims fight for justice. If your injuries were the result of a tragic accident caused by negligence, call us for a free case evaluation.
Personal Injury Cases Involving Negligence
When someone is negligent, it generally means that they failed to use the same care a reasonable person would use in a similar situation. There are various ways a person can experience a personal injury because of someone else’s negligent behavior.
The following accidents may involve negligence:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Crashes involving a car, truck, or motorcycle and crashes where a pedestrian or bicyclist got struck by a vehicle may occur because of a driver’s negligence.
- Slip and fall accidents: An accident may occur if a negligent property owner fails to protect visitors at their property from wet floors, torn carpet, poor lighting, or other hazards.
- Medical malpractice: Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the United States, according to researchers at John Hopkins Medicine.
- Nursing home neglect: Elder abuse or neglect by caregivers can cause victims to suffer serious injuries and possibly death.
- Construction accidents: The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) states that the most common types of construction accidents involve falls, being struck by an object, electrocutions, and getting caught in between objects.
If your injuries are the result of the careless actions of another person, company, or business, call The Kryder Law Group now. A Cicero personal injury attorney from our team can help you through this difficult time. After a careful review of your case, our team may decide how to best prepare for pursuing compensation.
You May be Able to Recover Damages after a Personal Injury
When pursuing compensation for injuries, losses, or other expenses in a personal injury case, a Cicero lawyer must be able to prove the following:
- The defendant owed a duty of care to your or your loved one
- The defendant was negligent, whether because of their actions or failure to resolve hazards on their property
- This defendant’s negligence led to your injuries
- You or your loved one sustained compensable damages due to the defendant’s negligence
While we work hard to secure a fair outcome for our clients, each case is different. The types of compensation awarded in a personal injury case often include the following:
- Medical costs, such as emergency transport to the hospital, hospital fees, and doctor’s fees
- Ongoing medical costs, such as rehabilitation, therapy, and prescription medication
- Lost wages from time spent away from work during your recovery
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from performing your previous job tasks
- Pain and suffering
Personal Injury Claims for Wrongful Death
If you lost a close loved one due to someone else’s negligence, you might be entitled to a wrongful death claim and lawsuit. The unexpected loss might have been preventable had the negligent party used care.
While compensation cannot replace your loved one, it may help you to pay expenses such as final medical care and funeral costs. Let our team of lawyers help you today. We treat our clients with compassion while pursuing compensation and justice on their and their late loved one’s behalf.
Time Limits on Personal Injury Lawsuits in Cicero, IL
Whether you pursue a personal injury or a wrongful death lawsuit, the Illinois Code of Civil Procedure §735 ILCS 5/13-202 allows just two years for claimants to file civil cases. To prepare your case, our team needs time to collect and review evidence.
Missing the deadline for filing your lawsuit is risky and can leave you with no further legal options for possible compensation. A similar reality may be true if you accept a settlement from an insurance company without legal representation.
Once you accept a settlement, you may not pursue compensation later, should your medical condition worsen. This can leave you without the funds you need for any future medical care.
A civil lawsuit is a complicated process that you may want legal professionals to handle. Let us put our skills to work for you by calling The Kryder Law Group now for a free case evaluation.
How a Cicero Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
Experiencing a personal injury can be a frightening experience due to your physical pain, financial stress, and anxiety regarding your future.
A Cicero personal injury lawyer may negotiate with insurance companies for a fair settlement that can possibly ease some of your burdens. If we cannot reach a settlement, we may need to take your case to trial. As personal injury attorneys, we know how to deal with insurance companies. We are aware of the tactics they use to pay accident victims as little as possible.
The Kryder Law Group believes in having a firm stand against insurance companies and strong communication with our clients. We keep our clients informed about their case throughout the legal process.