The term ‘personal injury’ covers a broad range of potential injuries, all of which refer to harm that you sustained to your body — rather than to your property. Should you choose to work with an Ingalls Park personal injury lawyer, they will aim to prove two things necessary for a successful claim:
- That the defendant(s) in your case is liable for the injury or injuries that are the basis for your lawsuit
- That you have suffered damages because of those injuries
If your lawyer is successful in these aims, you may be awarded compensation for your losses stemming from negligence-caused injuries. Call our team at the Kryder Law Group, LLC, today at (312) 223-1700 for a free consultation about your case.
The Range of Personal Injuries We Represent
The most common cause for a personal injury lawsuit, according to the American Bar Association, is a motor vehicle accident where a driver and possibly other parties were negligent and caused injury to another person.
There are also other injury causes that may warrant a personal injury lawsuit. Some of those causes include:
- A dog bite
- A workplace injury that is the result of foreseeable dangerous working conditions
- An accident where you, as a pedestrian, were struck by a motor vehicle
- An accident where you, as a bicyclist, were struck by a motor vehicle
- A medical error or inadequate care leading to injury to you or your child
- A defective product (failed safety device, a product that should not have been a danger to you, or otherwise)
Other circumstances that may have caused you injury and could be grounds for you to file a personal injury lawsuit. Regardless of how your injury occurred, there are several steps to follow to ensure you leave all options open in terms of potential compensation for your losses.
Act Cautiously in the Wake of an Injury
It is common for expenses and financial losses to pile up quickly after an accident. You may be unable to work and facing mounting medical bills or other costs associated with your accident. These realities can make for a very stressful time.
Despite such financial pressures, there are several mandates that you may want to follow. These include:
- Ensure that you receive all of the medical care necessary to safeguard your health.
- Do not accept any insurance settlement offer before speaking with a personal injury lawyer. This could preclude you from taking legal action.
- Call a lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your options for pursuing any compensation to which you may be entitled.
The Ingalls Park personal injury legal team with the Kryder Law Group, LLC, is ready to speak with you. Call today at (312) 223-1700 so we can assess your case and answer any questions you have about your options for pursuing awards.
You May Be Facing Substantial Medical Costs
While every personal injury lawsuit entails a completely unique array of circumstances and legal considerations, there are generally common themes in each. These may include:
- The victim of negligence (in this case, you) is facing significant medical costs stemming from one or more injuries.
- Those injuries may have been caused by the negligence of one or more people.
If these circumstances apply to your case, it may be important for you to present your case in civil court, as other avenues (such as an insurance payment) may not provide the amount of financial coverage that you need. Some injuries that may result in high short- and long-term medical costs include:
- Dislocation of a body part
- An amputation procedure
- Injuries that include multiple traumas, which may occur in incidents such as a car accident or workplace accident
- Spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury (TBI)
In addition to the immediate expense that comes from an injury, lingering effects of certain injuries may:
- Result in accumulated medical costs that represent a significant cost over time
- Limit your ability to work, either completely or in the capacity that you would like
- Diminish your overall quality of life
If your injury was caused by somebody’s negligence, then these expenses and losses may be covered by any judgment or settlement that results from a personal injury lawsuit.
Call a Law Firm to Initiate Any Case That You May Have
For many who choose to file a personal injury lawsuit in pursuit of compensation, they choose to retain a lawyer. Your lawyer will collect all of the relevant details and evidence for your case, and begin crafting the initial documents to register your case in court.
From this point, you can expect your lawyer to:
- Explore settlement options that are available to you
- Rely on experts whose testimony could strengthen your case
- Argue your case at trial, if necessary
- Defend your rights throughout their time as your legal representative
An Ingalls Park personal injury lawyer’s mission will be to prove that:
- Your injuries were the result of one or more defendants’ negligence
- That negligence has caused various losses
- The liable parties should compensate you for your losses
Call a lawyer today to find out more about how they may be able to help you pursue any awards to which you may be entitled.
Call Our Team at the Kryder Law Group, LLC Today
It never hurts to have a lawyer on your side, especially if you are facing recovery from a serious injury. We will fight on your behalf for any compensation to which you are entitled. Do not let the clock run out: Illinois statute 735 ILCS 5/Art. XIII limits the amount of time you can act. Call our team at the Kryder Law Group, LLC, today at (312) 223-1700 to speak with an Ingalls Park personal injury lawyer about your case for free.