If you or a loved one are suffering as a result of a healthcare provider’s negligence in Bellwood, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries. At The Kryder Law Group, we understand the confusion and turmoil that accompany medical malpractice.
Our personal injury attorneys will act quickly to investigate, preserve evidence, and fight to protect your rights. The Bellwood medical malpractice lawyers at The Kryder Law Group offer all services on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay nothing until we win compensation for you.
What to Do after a Preventable Medical Error
Preventable medical errors currently rank as the third leading cause of death. Medical malpractice can include:
- Failing to properly diagnose an injury or illness
- Improperly administering medication or improperly communicating medication instructions
- Failing to triage quickly in an emergency room
- Delivery room errors
- Birth injuries
- And more
If you’re suffering from an injury or illness that you believe is the result of a healthcare provider’s negligence, you have a right to work with a medical malpractice lawyer in Bellwood. An attorney can review your specific case and advise you on how to proceed. In the meantime, there are many ways you can set the stage for a successful medical negligence claim.
Avoid Common Mistakes:
- Don’t delay medical treatment. If you believe an error has resulted in a preventable injury or illness, seek out a competent medical provider, and schedule a full exam.
- Never sign anything or agree to compensation before an attorney reviews your settlement offer. Insurance companies have teams of attorneys working to prevent them from agreeing to large payouts and their initial offers are rarely in your best interest.
- Consider working with a medical malpractice attorney from our firm to review your case, answer your questions, and ensure you don’t settle for less than you deserve.
A lawyer with our firm can communicate with the healthcare provider in question, handle all back and forth with insurance providers, and gather enough evidence to prove liability and quantify your losses.
Compensation You May be Able to Claim for Medical Negligence in Bellwood
- Medical expenses: Costs associated with past, present, and future medical interventions and treatment (so long as it directly correlates to your preventable injury or illness)
- Lost income: Loss of income resulting from your physical injury and medical procedures required to treat your medical condition
- Reduced earning capacity: Diminishment in your ability to earn the same income as prior to your injury or illness
- Pain and suffering: Mental anguish, reduced quality of life, depression, anxiety, and more
- Wrongful death: Funeral and burial expenses, loss of companionship or guardianship, loss of inheritance, and more
Medical malpractice cases are inherently complex, and the legal teams employed by medical professionals are experienced, aggressive, and persistent. Our team can help you with your case from beginning to end.
Building a Medical Malpractice Case and Fighting for Compensation
Not every unfortunate medical outcome implies negligence or malpractice. Your Bellwood attorney will be required to prove that the injury was a direct result of negligent actions and could have been prevented. In order to do so, they will need to gather enough evidence and expert testimony to demonstrate that your doctor failed to provide an acceptable level of care and that your injury or illness is a direct result of this negligence.
Steps we can take to prove medical malpractice include:
- Obtaining and analyzing all pertinent medical records to determine whether a mistake was made
- Interviewing all involved parties, including you, your family, and eyewitnesses
- Employing a medical expert to review your records and witness statements to verify credibility (735 ILCS 5/2-622 requires attorneys to submit a statement demonstrating that they’ve consulted a qualified medical expert to review your case and confirm “reasonable and meritorious cause” for filing a lawsuit)
Potentially Liable Parties
One of the aspects that make medical malpractice claims in Bellwood so complex is the number of parties that can be found liable in any given case. Each of these parties will need to be investigated and interviewed in order to determine whether they played a role in your injuries. This takes persistence, time, and an understanding of liability and negligence.
When multiple parties are involved in your medical negligence case, they may include:
- Hospitals, clinics, medical centers, and any facility that provides medical treatment to patients
- Doctors, nurses, physicians assistants, techs, pharmacists, and more
- Hospital and healthcare clinics’ administrative staff and executive personnel
Between investigating each party, collecting and preserving evidence, negotiating with insurance adjusters, and litigating in court, you may feel overwhelmed working on your case alone. Medical malpractice cases can be stressful, complicated, and time-consuming. Let an attorney from our firm fight for your family so you don’t have to.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Bellwood Medical Malpractice Attorney
Accessing a free consultation with The Kryder Law Group is as easy as making the call. A Bellwood medical malpractice lawyer on our team will discuss your case with you immediately to review the specifics, answer any questions you have, and advise you on how to move forward with your claim.
Keep in mind that you do not have an unlimited amount of time to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. The sooner you call, the sooner we can get started. Call today to get started.