If you were injured in an accident caused by a driver who was texting behind the wheel, you may be eligible for a substantial monetary award to compensate you for your financial losses as well as for your noneconomic damages, such as pain and suffering.
At the Kryder Law Group, LLC, our Cicero texting behind the wheel lawyers hold distracted drivers liable and help our clients recover the compensation they deserve.
The Kryder Law Group, LLC, wants to get to work on your case today. We believe you should be compensated for your texting behind the wheel car accident injuries and that the driver who was responsible is the one who should provide that compensation. We will take a methodical approach to building a thorough, evidence-backed case on your behalf, and to taking on the insurance companies and ensuring they compensate you fairly.
We do not charge a fee until you get paid. To learn more, and to receive a free consultation with a member of the Kryder Law Group, LLC, team, call us today at (312) 223-1700.
How a Cicero Texting Behind the Wheel Lawyer May Be Able to Help You
When someone engages with a smartphone while driving, the phone not only takes their eyes off the road but also diverts a large portion of their mental energy from the life-or-death task at hand.
If you were injured in a car accident, our attorneys will investigate the other driver’s actions and determine if they were distracted in any way, either by texting or by something else. We can scour cellphone records and look for other evidence of distracted driving. We will look for evidence that the other driver was:
- Texting behind the wheel
- Using social media
- Watching videos
- Video chatting
- Taking selfies
- Using GPS apps
To learn more about how a Cicero texting behind the wheel attorney from the Kryder Law Group, LLC, can help you pursue compensation for a distracted driving car accident, call (312) 223-1700.
Potentially Recoverable Compensation
The Kryder Law Group, LLC, believes that victims of texting behind the wheel accidents should receive fair compensation for their injuries, as well as for their pain and suffering. There is simply no excuse for injuring another party with reckless, inconsiderate behavior like using a phone while driving. Our Cicero car accident lawyers will hold texting drivers responsible for your injuries and make sure the liable party and their insurer compensate you fairly.
Even if the accident was classified as no-fault or shared-fault, evidence of distracted driving by the other driver might change how financial liability is assigned. Your monetary award may include compensation for the following and more:
- Medical bills: We will go after the at-fault driver and their insurance company not only for the medical bills you have incurred so far, but also for those bills you expect to receive in the future—potentially for the rest of your life if your injury is severe enough.
- Lost wages: We will see to it that the driver and insurance company compensate you for any loss of income you have suffered while missing work to recover from your injuries.
- Reduced earning capacity: We can help you collect money to make up the difference in your previous income and anticipated future income, in the event your injury reduces your capacity to perform your job as you did before.
- Pain and suffering: We will go after noneconomic damages for things like pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Wrongful death: If you lost someone you love at the hands of a texting driver, we can pursue a wrongful death claim against the liable party. This may help you recover compensation for items such as funeral costs, burial expenses, loss of your loved one’s future income, and loss of love and companionship.
The Statute of Limitations Could Affect Your Case
735 Illinois Compiled Statutes 5/13-202 imposes a two-year statute of limitations on seeking compensation for bodily injuries suffered in car accidents. This timeline, however, may vary based on the unique circumstances of your case. The Kryder Law Group, LLC, can take quick action if necessary, to make sure you do not let any important deadlines slip.
Call the Kryder Law Group, LLC, for a Free Consultation Today
The Kryder Law Group, LLC, is eager to get to work on your Cicero texting while driving accident case today. We do not get paid until we get you the money you deserve. For a free case evaluation, call us at (312) 223-1700.