We have seen firsthand the lasting impact that an injury can have on the life of the victim and their family. When another person’s negligence, whether in a car accident, slip and fall accident, or during a botched medical procedure causes you to sustain injuries, you have the right to hold them responsible for their actions.
If you have been injured in an accident in Lansing, IL, you may be in pain and facing a growing number of medical bills as a result of your injuries. But you do not have to go through it alone.
The team at the Kryder Law Group, LLC is here to help. Call (312) 223-1700 today for a free evaluation of your case.
Injury Cases We Handle
Common types of personal injury accidents that we see in Lansing are:
In 2017, over 300,000 collisions involving motor vehicles occurred in the state of Illinois, with over 20% of them resulting in injuries and approximately 1,000 fatalities, according to the Crash Facts of Illinois Department of Transportation. These accidents are often the result of negligent behavior, including:
- Driving while distracted by phones, passengers, or other things
- Aggressive driving, including tailgating or refusing to let another driver change lanes
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drowsy driving
Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can cause many types of severe injuries, including broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and brain injuries.
According to a Johns Hopkins University study, medical malpractice is actually the third leading cause of death in the U.S., only surpassed by cancer and chronic respiratory disease. Medical malpractice can cause serious or even fatal injuries.
Up to 18% of dog bites become infected, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). There are many other injuries that can result from a dog attack, including puncture wounds, scratches, or even fractures or traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) from falling.
Millions of accidents happen every year that result in injuries and fatalities. It can be difficult to understand your rights under the Workers’ Compensation Act. We handle workers’ compensation cases and can explain your options.
Call us at (312) 223-1700 to set up a free, no-risk consultation to help determine your rights and find out how a Lansing personal injury lawyer can help.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Lansing, call (312) 598-0739
Damages You May Recover After a Personal Injury Accident in Lansing
Every case is different, and we cannot estimate the exact damages that you may be able to recover as a result of your personal injury before investigating your accident. However, some of the common types of damages that victims have recovered in cases similar to yours include:
- Medical costs, such as ambulance transportation, emergency room care, surgical procedures, doctors’ examinations, physical therapy, and medication
- Lost wages
- Future wages, if you have lost your earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
If your loved one died as a result of the accident, you may be entitled to damages through a wrongful death lawsuit, including:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of wages and benefits provided by the deceased
- Loss of support and protection
We can help you determine the damages to which you may be entitled. Call the Kryder Law Group, LLC today to get started: (312) 223-1700.
Lansing Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (312) 598-0739
How the Statute of Limitations May Impact Your Claim
The statute of limitations imposes a limit on the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit pursuing compensation for a personal injury. Illinois statute states that the plaintiff must pursue legal action within two years from the time of the accident, otherwise they are generally barred from recovering compensation for their injuries. If you fail to file in time, you will be unable to recover any of the compensation you deserve for your injury.
How a Lansing Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
Personal injury accidents can be complex, especially in cases where there are potentially multiple at-fault parties or when it is challenging to determine who is liable for the accident.
A Lansing personal injury lawyer can help you navigate the complex process and advise you about the best possible option for recovering compensation, whether it is through a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party or by going through a third-party insurer. A personal injury lawyer can also help you avoid potentially costly mistakes that can waste valuable time and potentially impact your ability to recover compensation.
Here are some of the specific ways that the team, including a Lansing personal injury lawyer, at the Kryder Law Group, LLC can help:
- Providing you with 24/7 support and explaining the legal process and laws that impact your claim, allowing you to make the most informed decisions possible.
- Gathering evidence, such as police reports, witness statements, and medical records.
- Investigating your case, which may even include bringing in subject-matter experts who can testify to the negligence of the at-fault party or reconstruct the accident scene to determine liability.
- Estimating the total cost of your losses so that we can build a strong case and justify our request for a fair settlement.
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Taking your case to trial if we cannot reach an agreeable settlement.
We understand how stressful the legal process can be. We are here to take the burden off of you so that you can focus your attention entirely on healing from your injuries. For a free, no-obligation consultation where a member of our team will review your case, contact the Kryder Law Group, LLC now at (312) 223-1700.