A Mount Prospect car accident lawyer could help you go after the at-fault driver for compensation if you got hurt in a collision in Mount Prospect, Illinois, or the surrounding area. When we handle your personal injury claim, you get to devote your time and energy to getting better.
Can You Afford a Lawyer for Your Mount Prospect Car Accident Injury Case?
The real question is whether you can afford not to work with an attorney on your Mount Prospect car accident injury claim. There are no upfront legal fees on these cases, and we can help you avoid problems that could reduce the amount of compensation you can pursue.
At The Kryder Law Group, LLC, we handle car accident injury claims on a contingency-fee basis. With this type of fee arrangement, we wait until the end of the case to get paid. Our payment will come out of the settlement proceeds or judgment.
You do not have to be rich to get our help on your personal injury case. If we take your case, we will not get paid until you win.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Mount Prospect, call (312) 598-0739
How Much Money Can You Recover for Your Mount Prospect Collision Injury Claim?
There is no flat amount of compensation you can pursue for your car accident injury claim because every case is different. The amount of money you can go after will depend on the facts of your situation.
Car accidents can involve economic losses, like medical bills and lost wages. These claims can also include non-economic losses, like disfigurement and pain and suffering. The amount of your losses is a factor in how much compensation you might be able to recover.
Here are some kinds of money damages we have won for our clients in car accident cases:
- Lost income. After getting hurt in a collision, you might need to take some time away from work to get medical treatment and recuperate from your injuries. If you missed paychecks because of the accident, that financial loss can be a part of your injury claim.
- Future loss of earnings. If you have ongoing problems like weakness, loss of function, or chronic pain because of your injuries, this impairment could reduce the amount of money you can earn. You might have to reduce your working hours or take a lower-paying job than before.
- Medical expenses. Typically, the reasonable cost of the medical care you needed for your injuries is compensable. These expenses can include things like the ambulance, emergency room, hospital, doctors, surgery, physical therapy, and prescription drugs.
- Future medical treatment costs. Your doctor might anticipate that you will need future healthcare services because of your injuries. Future operations and continuing physical or occupational therapy are two examples.
- Long-term care. People who suffer catastrophic harm, like head trauma or spinal cord damage, might be left unable to live independently after the accident. If your injuries placed you in this situation, we can include the cost of long-term care in your claim.
- Pain and suffering. This category addresses the physical discomfort and emotional distress of the accident and your injuries.
- Other non-economic losses. Extensive scars from your injuries could cause disfigurement. Long-term impairment, like the loss of mobility, can lead to loss of enjoyment of life. Many people develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after collisions. These non-economic losses can get included in a car accident injury claim.
If your loved one passed away from injuries received in a car accident, we might be able to pursue additional compensation for the legal beneficiaries in a wrongful death claim.
Mount Prospect Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (312) 598-0739
Do You Have to Work with an Attorney on Your Injury Claim?
No, you do not have to work with a personal injury lawyer on your car accident case. You can handle your injury claim on your own. There are, however, quite a few good reasons to hire an attorney to work on your case.
A car accident lawyer in Mount Prospect can investigate the accident and work directly with the at-fault party’s liability insurance company to settle your injury claim. We can file a lawsuit when appropriate if the case does not settle. Also, we can help you avoid pitfalls that could destroy your right to compensation.
What Happens if You Miss the Statute of Limitations for Your Injury Claim?
One of the most extreme pitfalls is missing the statute of limitations for your case. Illinois only gives you two years to file a personal injury lawsuit (735 ILCS 5/13-202) or a wrongful death lawsuit (740 ILCS 180/2). These deadlines are “statutes of limitations.”
If you miss the deadline, you can forever lose the right to hold the negligent party accountable for the harm you or your loved one suffered. Negotiating with a claims adjuster or the insurance company does not extend the deadline. When you work with a Mount Prospect car accident lawyer, you can avoid making procedural errors that could cost you everything.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Who Can You Sue Following a Mount Prospect Car Accident?
Whoever committed the careless act that caused the accident can be liable for your losses. When we take on a personal injury case, we investigate the situation to ascertain all of the potential defendants. Sometimes, there are multiple possible defendants whose actions combined to cause the collision.
For each defendant, we will have to prove liability. We accomplish that goal by establishing that the party was negligent, that the careless actions caused the accident, and that you had losses as a result.
How to Get Started with a Mount Prospect Car Accident Lawyer
We are happy to offer a free initial consultation. There is no obligation.
If you want responsive legal services from professionals who treat you with respect and dignity, you have found the right place. Find out why our clients rave about us.
You can call The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312) 223-1700 to get started.