If you were injured in a construction accident, you may feel like your future is in jeopardy. The losses you have suffered may go far beyond your physical injuries, affecting your financial livelihood and psychological well-being in the process. Thankfully, you may be within your rights to recover compensation for these losses if another party caused your accident.
Our law firm is here to help. When you retain a construction accident lawyer in Mount Prospect from our law firm, we can be there for you. From building your case to fighting for your rights in court, our attorneys are here to assist you in a variety of ways.
In This Article
- We Offer Contingency-Fee Arrangements
- The Statute of Limitations on Construction Accident Lawsuits in Mount Prospect
- You Can Expect These Services From Our Law Firm
- We Can Take Legal Action Against the Negligent Party
- Available Benefits for Victims who File Workers’ Compensation Claims
- What Should You do After Suffering a Construction Accident Injury?
- Mount Prospect Construction Accident Lawyers Helping You Fight for Your Rights
We Offer Contingency-Fee Arrangements
If you are concerned about the financial aspect of retaining a personal injury attorney, don’t be. Our team works on a contingency-fee basis. We do not charge our clients for our services if we can’t recover compensation for their losses.
We don’t ask for payment until your case is over. Even then, funds for our help come from your final settlement or court award – not your personal savings.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Mount Prospect, call (312) 223-1700
The Statute of Limitations on Construction Accident Lawsuits in Mount Prospect
735 ILCS 5/13-202 requires you to file your case within two years of your construction accident. This timeline could be longer or shorter, depending on the facts of your case. For instance, if you were hurt two months ago but only discovered your injury two days ago, you could be granted more time to act.
Ultimately, there are numerous rules on what you can and cannot do during civil cases in Mount Prospect. Our attorneys can use our legal knowledge to help you better understand your options for the future.
Keep in mind that the deadline above only pertains to injury lawsuits. A different set of deadlines apply if you’re filing a workers’ compensation claim.
Mount Prospect Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me (312) 223-1700
You Can Expect These Services From Our Law Firm
When you retain a construction accident lawyer, our legal team can handle every aspect of your case while you recuperate and spend time with your loved ones. Our team in Mount Prospect can help you by:
- Determining whether workers’ compensation benefits apply to you
- General evidence gathering
- Assigning financial values to your damages
- Negotiating settlements
- Identifying the liable parties
- Protecting your rights in civil court (if necessary)
- Dealing with insurance claims adjusters
- Advising you on legal decisions
We Can Take Legal Action Against the Negligent Party
Illinois has laws in place that make it almost impossible to sue your employer – unless they injured you on purpose or gross negligence played a role. However, that does not mean you cannot sue other individuals who were involved in your accident. On a busy construction site, there can be any number of third-party entities that may have caused your accident, including sub-contractors, property owners, civilians, and drivers.
You can seek a variety of damages when you take legal action against these parties, including:
- Medical bills, including future procedures needed to facilitate your recovery
- Lost wages
- Diminished future earning capacity
- Loss of quality of life
- Pain and suffering from your accident and injuries
- Emotional suffering
- Vocational rehabilitation programs
- Disability assistance
- Disfigurements from your injuries
If you retain a construction accident lawyer, your attorney can organize all of these losses. Most importantly, your attorney can assess the true value of your pain and suffering and mental anguish.
By reaching out to specialists, like economists and healthcare providers, your attorney can calculate the values of your economic and non-economic losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Available Benefits for Victims who File Workers’ Compensation Claims
Assuming you were on the clock at the time of your accident, filing a workers’ compensation claim is a viable option for recovering a portion of your damages. Yet, in contrast to personal injury lawsuits, workers’ compensation benefits do not account for your pain and suffering.
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission (IWCC), filing a workers’ compensation claim simply gives you the opportunity to recover basic losses from your accident, including:
- A portion of your lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Special compensation for workers who have lost limbs or suffered other forms of permanent injuries
- Compensation for the mileage it takes you to get to and from your medical treatments (if applicable)
If you feel like your case has been wrongfully denied, which happens to countless injured workers every year, you can request a hearing with the IWCC where you can appeal its decision. Overall, the workers’ compensation process can take months, or even years, depending on the exact circumstances of your situation.
This is yet another area where a construction accident lawyer can help. Our attorneys can gather evidence about your case and keep it moving forward.
What Should You do After Suffering a Construction Accident Injury?
Medical attention should be your first priority after getting hurt on a construction site. You might not notice physical ailments, but beneath the surface, you could be suffering from internal bleeding, organ damage, and other impairments. Seeking medical care could prevent your condition from getting worse and provide you with the necessary treatment.
You should also consider:
- Documenting the cost of your damages
- Writing down the names and contact information of any witnesses
- Following through with your medications and follow-up appointments
- Taking time away from physical activity
Your lawyer in Mount Prospect can explain other measures that could benefit your situation.
Mount Prospect Construction Accident Lawyers Helping You Fight for Your Rights
Here at The Kryder Law Group, LLC, we know that construction workers represent the very backbone of our communities. When you retain a construction accident lawyer in Mount Prospect from our firm, we will do everything in our power to get the compensation you need.
For more information about what our construction accident lawyers can do for you and your loved ones, contact a representative at The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312) 223-1700.