The Kryder Law Group wants to help anyone who was injured or harmed in a commercial trucking collision. Tractor-trailers and 18-wheelers pose a great risk to other drivers on the road and must be operated with great care. Drivers of these heavy vehicles need to be vigilant and dependable. If they are not, they can inflict severe injuries onto other motorists.
If you or a loved one were injured in a collision with a commercial shipping vehicle, let our Aurora truck accident lawyers fight for fair compensation on your behalf. Call our team of personal injury attorneys for more information.
Determining How Your Trucking Collision Occurred
The negligent driver who harmed you could have been recklessly driving or may have struck you due to other circumstances. Your Aurora truck accident attorney can devote themselves to determining the cause of your collision and identifying all responsible parties.
Behaviors that commonly contribute to semi-truck accidents in Aurora include:
- Texting while driving
- Intoxicated driving (due to alcohol or drugs)
- Reckless driving (road rage, swerving, etc.)
- Encouragement from management to drive longer hours without resting
- Vehicular malfunction, such as faulty brakes or steering system
As for figuring out who to pursue for financial recovery, The Kryder Law Group can analyze the evidence available in your case to establish liability. Depending on the circumstances of your trucking accident, we may be able to identify multiple liable parties. These can include the individual truck driver, their employer, or the company that manufactured the truck.
Damages You Could Recover after a Semi-Truck Crash
The physical injuries you suffered in your truck accident are not the only loss for which you may be able to collect damages.
Some forms of compensation an Aurora truck crash lawyer could pursue on your behalf could cover:
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emergency medical treatment
- Additional medical expenses (such as physical therapy, follow-up doctor appointments, and assistive devices)
- Any psychological therapy you may require
- Transportation costs to and from doctor’s appointments
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Childcare costs
There may be other forms of damages for which you may be able to collect awards. Work with a lawyer so they can help you analyze the specific circumstances of your claim and address your case’s unique needs.
Proving Liability for an 18-Wheeler Collision
When pursuing damages from the responsible party, you will be required to prove that said party was, in fact, liable for your injuries and losses.
You will have to do this by proving that:
- The truck driver owed you a duty of care
- The truck driver violated this duty
- The violation resulted in or contributed to your injuries
- Your injuries caused you financial losses
Requirements of this kind can feel daunting when you are trying to recover from your injuries and rebuild your life. A truck accident lawyer in Aurora can stand by your side during this process and take on the task of proving liability in your collision with an 18-wheeler. They can even represent you in court if negotiations with the responsible party’s insurance company result in a wrongfully denied claim or a settlement that is too low to cover all your losses.
Statute of Limitations on Truck Crash Claims in Aurora
Illinois General Assembly 735 ILCS 5/13-202 allows victims up to two years from the date of their trucking accident to move forward with a civil action. If you do not act within this timeframe, you may forfeit your right to compensation. However, we can determine if any details of your semi-truck collision case allow for an extension of this period.
Call An Aurora Truck Accident Attorney Today
Reach out as soon as possible so we can get started on your 18-wheeler collision case. Our Aurora truck accident lawyers can help you plan how to get your life back and keep you informed of all of your options.
We are also prepared to:
- Update you at every stage of the case
- Negotiate for a fair settlement either in or out of court
- Valuate your economic and noneconomic damages
- Consult with medical professionals and accident reconstruction experts
Members of our dedicated staff are standing by to hear from you. We want to hear about your accident, injuries, and related damages. We are determined to put our knowledge and resources to work for you. Call The Kryder Law Group today to get started.