If you or a loved one were involved in a motorcycle accident in Dolton, you may have the opportunity to move forward with a civil action to recover your collision-related expenses. Yet, this is not as easy as it may seem. Negotiating with insurance companies, collecting evidence, and representing yourself in court can quickly become overwhelming without legal assistance.
When you work with a Dolton motorcycle accident lawyer, you can focus on healing while they go to bat for your legal rights. At The Kryder Law Group, LLC, our goal is to get you the compensation you deserve so that you can put your physical recovery first. We encourage you to act quickly, as you may not have long to move forward under Illinois’s statute of limitations. To get started, call The Kryder Law Group, LLC today.
The injuries sustained in a collision between a motorcycle and a four-wheeled vehicle can range in severity from mild to catastrophic.
In the 2017 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics from the Illinois Department of Transportation, accident-related injuries are classified as follows:
We recommend that following an accident, you seek prompt medical attention for your injuries. While going to the doctor or emergency room may be a daunting experience for some, in the end, it will ultimately benefit you in a number of ways. First, it will establish that the motorcycle accident caused your injuries. Secondly, many conditions, such as traumatic brain injury or internal bleeding, do not appear right away. Without immediate medical intervention, you risk further aggravating your physical condition.
By speaking with a medical professional, you can take measures not only to improve your case’s success but also your physical wellbeing.
When you are the victim of a motorcycle accident, a personal injury claim can help you recover the cost of the expenses that come with your injuries.
In a personal injury claim, your lawyer must be able to prove four important elements:
Negligence is one of the most important factors your lawyer will need to prove when establishing liability. By reviewing available traffic surveillance footage, examining the police report, and speaking with eyewitnesses, your Dolton motorcycle accident lawyer can assign fault and then begin the process of recovering your losses. To learn more about how The Kryder Law Group, LLC can help, call us.
As soon as your motorcycle is struck by another vehicle, the expenses of the collision start to add up. No two motorcycle accident cases are exactly the same; each case will have its own set of related costs.
If your case is successful, you may be able to recover damages for:
These losses do not come cheap. You should not have to pay for these damages out of pocket if you did not cause the collision. By speaking with The Kryder Law Group, LLC, you can begin the process of recovery not only physically, but financially.
According to the personal injury statutes in Illinois, you have two years from the date of your accident to pursue a civil action for your related expenses. If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle collision, you have two years from the date of their passing to act. While this may seem like a generous timeline, it can quickly pass. If you fail to act within these state mandates, you may be ineligible to pursue compensation for your motorcycle accident losses. Yet, we encourage you to speak with The Kryder Law Group, LLC, even if this is true in your instance, as certain elements may toll this timeframe.
Illinois operates on a modified comparative negligence system with respect to negligence and ordinary care. What this means is that following your accident, both parties will be assigned a portion of fault for causing the collision. For example, you may be assigned 10% of the liability, while the other driver may be assigned 90% of the responsibility. As long as your portion of fault is below 50%, you will be able to move forward with a civil action for your injuries. A Dolton motorcycle accident lawyer can go into more detail about this may mean for your claim. Call The Kryder Law Group, LLC today.
During your free case review, we will ask you a variety of questions about your situation to determine how we can help you. We are interested in learning more about the extent of your injuries, the minutes leading up to your accident, and other details that may affect your ability to recover compensation. Contact a Dolton motorcycle accident lawyer at The Kryder Law Group, LLC.