The question “What is the average settlement for a whiplash injury in a car accident?” is not always relevant. Whiplash victims don’t receive compensation based on average figures – their settlement value will depend on their unique losses.
Average settlement figures are not reliable nor especially helpful. A lawyer and their team will instead determine the value of your settlement.
Whiplash Injury Cases Are All Unique
The settlement of one whiplash injury victim may not cover the losses of the next victim. Rather than looking at average payouts, our firm considers the individual. Settlement values can vary based on:
- The severity of your whiplash
- Whether you suffered additional injuries
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Your employment status and how your injuries affect your work
- The amount of property damage from your accident
- Your unique response to injury
Average settlement figures lead victims to assume what their own settlement will be. We make no assumptions when handling your case. We gather the facts, determine your losses, and seek fair compensation.
What Are the Possible Symptoms of Whiplash?
Per Mayo Clinic, whiplash may cause:
- Neck stiffness
- Deep headaches
- Tenderness in the neck and upper extremities
- Loss of sensation in the arms
- Vision problems
- Loss of concentration
- Limited range of motion
- Sleep disturbances
- Diminished mood and even depression
Any one of these symptoms may cause serious problems. Experiencing multiple symptoms of whiplash can negatively affect your work, personal life, finances, and quality of life.
Recoverable Losses Associated with Whiplash
You may suffer losses from your whiplash. The car accident that caused your whiplash injury may also produce damages.
Losses Stemming from Whiplash
Symptoms of whiplash may prevent you from working. You may not be able to exercise, care properly for yourself, or handle your regular responsibilities. These circumstances may cause:
- Lost income
- Lost earning power
- Lost quality of life
You may require treatment for your symptoms. Our team may secure financial coverage for:
- Imaging services
- Medical equipment
- Physical therapy
- Other treatment costs
Average settlement figures for whiplash injuries do not capture your specific losses. We will work with your doctors to understand your treatment plan (and its cost).
Losses Stemming from Your Car Accident
Your settlement should also cover the cost of your accident. Liable parties may pay for the replacement of or repairs to your vehicle, as well as damage to other personal property damaged in the accident.
We will determine all of your losses, total their cost, and pursue coverage.
How do Whiplash Victims Seek Compensation?
Whiplash victims may hire an attorney to seek fair compensation. Proper recovery may require you to rest and remain immobile. Handling an insurance claim or lawsuit can be extremely difficult under such conditions. Should you hire a lawyer, they will handle your entire case.
Your attorney can:
- Document your injuries: They will review medical bills, work with medical experts, organize medical records, and create a full picture of your injuries.
- Hire experts: Experts may reconstruct your accident and testify that your accident caused your whiplash.
- Handle the legal stuff: Paperwork, phone calls, correspondence, and appearances are all part of a car accident case. Your lawyer will handle these duties while you recover.
- Protect you: Your attorney will deal with insurance companies and attorneys. These parties could violate your rights in several ways. A lawyer will prevent any potential rights violations.
- Seek maximum compensation: A lawyer’s primary role is obtaining compensation for their client. They may secure coverage through insurance, a pre-trial settlement, or judgment.
A car accident attorney will advise you, respond to your questions, and help with case-related appointments. You should expect nothing short of full service from your attorney.
Is There a Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
You will not pay any upfront cost to hire a car accident lawyer. Our team represents whiplash victims on a contingency-fee basis. If we win your case, then we receive a fraction of your settlement or judgment. If we do not secure compensation, then you owe us nothing.
Whiplash can put additional strain on your finances. Victims who want justice will not incur an additional expense from their lawyer. In this sense, hiring an attorney is a low-risk move.
all the Kryder Law Group, LLC to Discuss Your Whiplash Injury Case
Do not wait to get legal help. Whiplash can cause long-term problems, and you may have limited time to secure coverage. 735 ILCS 5/13-202 generally allows you to file a personal injury case within two years of your car accident. Though there are exceptions, you should not wait to call our team.
Contact the Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312) 598-0982 for a free consultation. We will answer your questions. There are absolutely no obligations when you call.