Being denied compensation for injuries you suffered on the job can be upsetting and stressful. You have likely been out of work with no money for weeks. At the same time, you are dealing with medical bills while trying to support yourself and your family.
After receiving a worker’s compensation benefits claim denial letter, contact an experienced attorney to learn your next best steps. You have legal options for seeking a better outcome and getting the benefits you need, but there is a short time frame for your appeal. An Elk Grove Village worker’s compensation denial lawyer could take the lead in your case and support you in your recovery.
How to Deal with a Denial of Workers’ Compensation Benefits
After reviewing the decision to refuse injured workplace benefits, do not throw in the towel and give up. There are steps you can take to turn a refusal into a yes. After being denied a workers’ compensation benefits claim, you should:
- Refrain from engaging in any regrettable or illegal actions
- Refrain from reaching out to your employer or insurance provider of the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission (WCC)
- Review your application and check the provided paperwork
- Refrain from discussing the denial with any co-workers
- Find a skilled workers’ compensation lawyer who specializes in denial cases
Hiring a general practitioner to handle your denial rather than an experienced workers’ comp lawyer in Elk Grove Village may be ill-advised. A generalized lawyer may not have the time or legal know-how to handle your case effectively. Since you only have 30 days to appeal a workers’ compensation benefits claim denial, time is of the essence. You need proficient legal counsel who can efficiently handle your appeal.
Our skilled attorneys in Elk Grove Village are experienced in fighting workers’ comp denials. We could review your case, explain the reasons for your denial, and begin building a winnable appeal benefits claim.
The Main Reasons for a Workers’ Compensation Benefits Denial
The Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission denies many workers’ claims, often due to the following reasons:
- The worker did not use the correct legal terminology
- They failed to submit all required documents
- They reported their injury to their employer within 45 days but did not do so in writing, or a supervisor did not report the accident to HR
- They were on medication or receiving treatment for a condition they did not disclose
- There is not sufficient evidence to prove that the injury occurred at work
- There is evidence that they did something beyond minimal/general contributory negligence
Denial letters are short and often do not provide precise details for the denial. The workers’ comp denial letter may include vague language, requiring help from a knowledgeable lawyer to understand. Our Elk Grove Village attorneys could ensure you feel informed and empowered in fighting a workers’ compensation denial and securing the benefits you deserve.
Contact an Elk Grove Village Workers’ Compensation Denial Attorney
When you receive a workers’ compensation denial letter, it can feel like you have run out of options. However, your case is not over. An Elk Grove Village workers’ compensation denial lawyer can help you fight the decision and get the benefits you need to support yourself and your family.
Contact the Kryder Law Group as soon as possible to discuss your case. There is often a short timeline for appealing these cases, so do not hesitate to set up your consultation with a member of our team.