If you have been seriously injured in a construction accident in Springfield, you are not alone. Our law firm, The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers is here to provide legal counsel to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Our team of experienced personal injury lawyers has been representing seriously injured accident victims in Springfield and throughout Illinois for years. Contact a Springfield construction accident lawyer from our law firm today.
Common Types of Construction Accidents in Springfield
In Springfield, construction accidents can occur in various ways:
- Falls from height: When safety measures for working at elevated levels are not properly implemented.
- Electrocutions: Caused by faulty equipment or inadequate training.
- Struck-by accidents: When a worker is hit by a moving or falling object.
- Caught-in or between accidents: When a worker is crushed, squeezed, or caught between objects.
Common Types of Injuries from Worksite Accidents
Some common injuries from accidents in construction sites include:
Fractures: These can occur from falls or being struck by objects.
- Electrical burns or shocks: Often from faulty equipment or incorrect handling of electrical devices.
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs): Usually resulting from falls from height or heavy lifting.
- Head injuries/Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): These can be caused by falling objects or slips and falls.
What to Do After a Serious Injury on a Construction Site in Springfield
Immediately after a serious injury on a Springfield construction site, seek medical attention for your well-being and documentation. Report the incident to your employer as soon as possible, gather any available evidence, and consider contacting Springfield construction accident lawyers to protect your rights and potential compensation.
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Construction Injury Claim?
Hiring a lawyer for a construction injury claim can significantly enhance construction workers’ chances of getting fair compensation. A seasoned personal injury lawyer understands the legal complexities of these types of personal injury claims and can effectively negotiate with insurance companies, ensuring your rights are protected throughout the personal injury claim process.
What is the Difference Between a Third-Party Lawsuit and Workers’ Comp?
A third-party personal injury lawsuit and workers’ compensation are distinct legal concepts.
Every employer in Illinois is required to carry workers’ compensation insurance which provides benefits to employees injured at work, irrespective of fault. A third-party lawsuit, on the other hand, is a legal action against someone other than the employer who may be responsible for the injury such as the manufacturer of faulty equipment.
Types of Compensation for a Construction Accident Victim
As a construction accident victim, you may be entitled to various forms of compensation:
- Medical expenses: Covers the cost of treatment, rehabilitation, and any necessary medical devices.
- Lost wages: Compensates for income lost due to injury.
- Pain and suffering: Monetary value for your physical discomfort and emotional trauma.
What Is My Case Worth?
The worth of construction accident cases depends on several factors including the severity of the injury, the impact on the ability to work, cumulative medical expenses, and the degree of negligence involved. Consult with your construction accident attorney for an assessment.
Contact a Springfield Construction Accident Lawyer Today
If you’ve suffered an injury on a construction site in Springfield, don’t hesitate to reach out to The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers. We are prepared to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Reach out for a free consultation on your case.