Any injury you suffer in a car accident could make you eligible for monetary compensation—from bruises and cuts to traumatic brain injuries. You would not have suffered any injury at all if it weren’t for the actions of the other driver. That’s an injustice that needs to be righted.
Our car accident lawyers serve Tinley Park crash victims in their pursuit of damages, starting with a free consultation.
Types of Damages You can Receive
Pursuing an insurance claim or lawsuit can allow you to receive compensation for any injury-related losses. Still, you may wonder what losses you can specifically recover. We determine the compensation for which you may be eligible by asking some questions:
- What bills have you paid for medical treatment?
- What is your injury’s prognosis?
- Did you miss work while recovering?
- Will the injury affect your ability to work in the future?
- Has the accident negatively impacted your mental health?
- Has your injury interfered with your sex life, hobbies, or other activities?
- What are the lifelong consequences of the accident?
All these questions help us identify areas of your life impacted by this accident.
Examples of Compensable Losses following a Car Accident
Once we assess your situation, we may find that you’re eligible to pursue:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
The amount of these damages vary from case to case. When doing our calculations, our team takes stock of your individual bills and losses to pursue a personalized amount. Your unique experience deserves unique attention from our car accident attorneys.
Compensable Losses following Your Loved One’s Passing
Over 1,000 people lost their lives on Illinois’ roadways in 2019, according to the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT). That’s almost three deaths per day. If your loved one suffered fatal injuries on a Tinley Park road, a car accident lawyer from The Kryder Law Group, LLC can help you pursue wrongful death-related damages.
The loss of a loved one in an accident not only leaves you bereft but also produces new and unexpected expenses. Filing a claim or lawsuit could cover:
- Remaining medical bills
- Caskets, cremation, and other expenses
- Funeral service costs
- Burial expenses
- Future loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
Talk to our team to learn more about your options after losing a loved one. Let us handle these details while you grieve.
How can a Car Crash Attorney help You Build a Stronger Case?
Whether pursuing an insurance claim or lawsuit following your auto accident, one of our lawyers can help you every step of the way. We are your representatives, meaning we can communicate, negotiate, and evaluate all aspects of your case. We can handle interactions with:
- Insurance adjusters: We talk to them so you don’t have to.
- Attorneys: We negotiate settlement offers and other lawsuit-related obligations.
- Doctors: We work with your medical team to stay updated on your health.
- Police officers: We can obtain police reports about your accident.
- Experts: We consult specialists to reconstruct and analyze your accident.
- Economists/actuaries: We use their testimony to understand your financial losses.
We can Gather Evidence to help You Prove Your Case
In addition to handling the people involved in your case, we also compile the evidence necessary to demonstrate you were injured due to negligence. The onus is on you to prove a reckless action led to your injuries, and we can take on that challenge for you.
Evidence could include:
- Diagnostic tests
- Medical records
- Prescription information
- Police reports
- Accident photos
- Video footage
- Witness testimony
Above all, we’re here to support you. We know this process is stressful and overwhelming. We want to help relieve your burdens not just in obtaining your damages but along the way to that goal. We offer:
- Free initial consultations
- Accessibility and regular updates
- Explanations of legal terminology
- Advice throughout the life of your case
- Mindfulness of the statute of limitations
- Preparation for trial if necessary
You generally have two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit, per 735 ILCS 5/13-202. You have a similar timeline if you lost a loved one. We use that time to advocate for your compensation, negotiating an amount that reflects what you suffered. However, we also prepare for filing a lawsuit and taking the case to court if necessary, so you and the negligent parties know we are committed to getting results.
What our Clients and Case Results say About Us
Our firm has a history of obtaining settlements and verdicts for our car accident clients. Some of our results include:
- $2.2 million, automobile collision
- $1.5 million, expressway accident
- $1.3 million, rear-end collision
- $425,000, passenger injury
What you ultimately receive depends on your case’s details. Nonetheless, we treat each case with individualized attention, as testified by past client testimonials:
- “What Andrew pulled off was nothing short of astounding. Our case was resolved in under three months. And the settlement we received made all the pain and suffering seem distant.” – Chris. R.
- “Attorneys at The Kryder Law Group are so helpful! They took care of everything when I had a horrible car accident. I could have never gotten the kind of compensation I got without them!” – Amanda L.
- “Simply stated the Law Offices of Andrew Kryder handled it! They took care of everything and left me worry-free! I was very surprised with the amount of settlement which I’ve received from my case.” – Mike R.
We take care of all aspects of your case, providing advice for big decisions and helping navigate the small details. You do not have to feel alone as you fight for the damages you deserve following a crash.
How can You Receive Your Free Consultation with one of our Attorneys?
You can discuss your case with The Kryder Law Group, LLC today. Our car accident lawyers serving Tinley Park can help with whatever you need, whether you’re pursuing an insurance claim or a lawsuit. Call now for your free case review.