If you suffered an injury in a slip and fall accident in Tinley Park, we can help. A personal injury lawyer with The Kryder Law Group, LLC can help you seek compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
We Can Fight for Fair Compensation
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), falls can lead to broken bones, hip fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI). These injuries can result in expensive medical bills and time away from work. You may stand to recover these losses through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Our attorneys can help you recover losses related to:
- Emergency medical care
- Surgical procedures
- Medical devices and mobility aids
- Hospital stays
- Long-term nursing care
- Rehabilitation services
- Personal property, such as electronics or jewelry damaged during your fall
- Back pay
- Loss of future earning capacity if you cannot return to work because of your injuries
You may also be entitled to compensation for your physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish. This may include awards for chronic pain, scarring or disfigurement, cognitive impairment, stress, anxiety, loss of sleep, and depression.
Seeking Awards on Behalf of a Deceased Loved One
If your loved one died because of an injury suffered during a slip and fall accident, you may have the right to seek awards related to their wrongful death.
This may include compensation for their medical treatment, funeral and burial costs, lost wages, and the value of their household contributions. You may also be able to seek damages related to your pain and suffering.
Property Owners Bear Responsibility for the Condition of Their Premises
Slip and fall accidents fall under the umbrella of premises liability. This branch of the law protects victims who suffer injuries due to unsafe and/or defective property conditions. If your accident resulted from a property owner’s negligence, they may be financially liable for your accident.
Examples of negligent conditions that may lead to a slip and fall accident include, but are not limited to:
- Ripped or torn carpeting
- Loose floorboards or tiles
- Poor snow and/or ice removal
- Inadequate lighting
- Cracked concrete or potholes
- Lack of hand railings on stairways
- Broken stairs
- Lack of signs/warnings regarding unsafe conditions
- Wet or slippery flooring
Our slip and fall injury attorneys will investigate the property where your accident occurred. We will work to prove the owner of the property failed to identify and remedy problems or maintenance issues that contributed to your injuries. We can then help you hold them responsible for your damages.
Illinois Trespassing Laws
Slip and fall accidents can happen at work, at a place of business, on government-owned property, or at a private residence. Your eligibility to seek compensation for your slip and fall injury will depend on whether or not you were legally on the property where and when your accident occurred.
According to 740 ILCS 130/3, property owners do not owe a duty of care to trespassers. To pursue damages, you must have had the express or implied consent of the property owner to be on their premises at the time of your accident.
This law does not apply to child trespassers or to those injured by “willful and wanton conduct that would endanger the safety of a known trespasser.” If you have questions about your legal status on a property, reach out to us.
Our Attorneys Have Recovered Millions of Dollars in Damages for Our Clients
Our lawyers know what it takes to get the money you deserve. Our successful settlements and verdicts include:
- $1.4 million for a computer programmer who slipped in their workplace bathroom
- $550,000 for a client who slipped and fell at a grocery store
- $450,000 for a dental assistant who slipped and fell on accumulated ice at their workplace
- $219,000 for a client who slipped and fell in a restaurant bathroom
Every case is unique, and the amount of the awards you can receive will depend on factors, including your age, the severity of your injuries, the cost of your medical care, your future medical needs, and your wages at the time of your accident.
We will help you calculate your out-of-pocket expenses, estimate your future medical needs, and pursue fair compensation for your damages.
We Can Help You File an Insurance Claim or Lawsuit
We will attempt to resolve your slip and fall accident case with a claim against the property owner’s liability insurance policy. We will:
- Visit the site of your accident, speak with witnesses, consult with medical experts, and obtain evidence proving the property owner is liable for your injuries
- File your case, write your demand letter, complete paperwork, and manage and adhere to deadlines
- Communicate with the insurance company on your behalf, saving you time and energy and protecting you from pressure to settle or say something that could hurt your case
- Review your settlement offers, reject low payouts, and negotiate for the most advantageous agreement for you
If we cannot reach a satisfactory outcome through insurance, our lawyers can help you pursue a lawsuit. If we must go to trial, you have two years to file a personal injury case, according to 735 ILCS 5/13-202. You have two years to pursue a wrongful death action, according to 740 ILCS 180/. In general, if the statute of limitations runs out, you cannot seek compensation in court.
Contact the Attorneys at the Kryder Law Group, LLC for Help Today
At The Kryder Law Group, LLC, we understand how difficult dealing with a slip and fall injury can be. That is why we strive not only to give our clients legal help but also peace of mind. Throughout your case, we will be here to answer your questions, update you on your case, and even help coordinate and pay for your medical care.
We take cases on contingency, so working with us costs you nothing out of pocket. To learn more about our team and its commitment to serving you, call our offices for a free consultation. Act quickly, as time is of the essence.