A workers’ compensation claim may cover your lost wages, medical expenses, and other eligible losses. The Kryder Law Group, LLC will lead your claim, fighting for every form of coverage that you deserve.
An Oak Park workers’ compensation lawyer from our firm will lead your case from start to finish. We will fight for financial justice as you focus on your recovery.
In This Article
Are You Eligible for Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Oak Park?
Per the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission (WCC), most employees may receive workers’ compensation benefits:
“Illinois law requires employers to provide workers’ compensation insurance for almost everyone who is hired, injured, or whose employment is localized in Illinois.”
Our team will review your employment status. We can determine whether you are eligible for workers’ compensation.
What Losses does Workers’ Compensation Cover?
Workers’ compensation in Illinois may generally cover some of your lost wages and your medical expenses. You may be eligible for more substantial coverage, however, if you have a valid third-party claim.
If someone other than your employer is liable for work-related injury or illness, then you may receive coverage for:
- All of your medical expenses
- All of your lost wages
- A decline in your earning power (even after you recover from your injury or illness)
- Disability benefits
- Professional retraining
- Pain and suffering
- Any other losses caused by someone’s negligence
We will gather the facts of your case and review your losses. Then, we can inform you of the compensation that you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer serving Oak Park, call (312) 223-1700
The Benefits of Hiring The Kryder Law Group, LLC
The Kryder Law Group, PLLC makes the workers’ compensation process painless for our clients. There are several reasons why you should hire our firm. Among those reasons are our case results and client testimonials.
Client Testimonials Tell the Truth About Our Firm
Clients see directly how a law firm treats those they represent. Their testimonials are very telling. Here are some of the reviews that clients have left for The Kryder Law Group, LLC:
- “Andrew Kryder is an excellent attorney and trusted advisor. Very strategic and skillful on multiple matters. He takes his time and listens to all your concerns and questions and answers them to the best of his knowledge.” – Chris B.
- “Andrew Kryder is an excellent lawyer who is not only well prepared and easy to work with but very effective in getting the results necessary for his clients. He always keeps the client informed and timely in all responses.” – Don P.
- “We were so impressed the first time we met Andrew Kryder. Soft spoken. Respectful. Very professional..You trust him instinctively….Prompt. Efficient. Courteous. With such great follow-up, every step of the way.” – Chris R.
Our firm serves those who deserve justice in Illinois. Injured and ill employees are deserving of legal representation, and you may be entitled to monetary awards as well.
Case Results Exhibit Our Firm’s Efectiveness
Case results are an important metric for workers’ compensation lawyers. Our firm’s financial recoveries include:
- $7.5 million (for a worker injured on a construction site)
- $3.2 million (for another worker injured on a construction site)
- $3 million
- $2.2 million
- $2 million
As you can see, we are familiar with cases involving employee injuries. We also handle cases involving employee illnesses. Let a workers’ compensation lawyer from The Kryder Law Group, LLC fight for you. We are an Illinois-based firm that proudly serves clients in the Oak Park area.
Oak Park Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Near Me (312) 223-1700
How Our Firm Fights for Fair Compensation
Our firm’s goal for injured and ill workers is to obtain total compensation. We will determine what “total compensation” is based on your losses and eligible coverages. Our team will develop a strategy for your case and then pursue a positive outcome.
As your case progresses, our team may:
Inform Liable Parties that We Are Seeking Compensation
We may pursue compensation from multiple defendants. Your lawyer will notify responsible parties (insurance companies, employers, attorneys, or otherwise) of our intent to obtain compensation from them. This will require us to review your case and identify all liable parties.
Gather As Much Relevant Documentation As Possible
Our team will document both the cause and effects of your injury or illness. During this process, we may:
- Visit the scene where your injury or illness first occurred
- Work with medical professionals to document your injuries
- Hire experts to help us understand and document your losses
- Hire experts to reconstruct the circumstances that have caused you harm
We will create a thorough record of your losses. We will also obtain, organize, and safeguard all case-related evidence.
Initiate Settlement Talks
We will lead settlement negotiations, whether those talks are with an insurance company, attorney, or both parties. Our team will negotiate with evidence, standing firm for the compensation that you deserve.
Defend Your Right to Compensation
Those who handle workers’ compensation claims without a lawyer may put their rights at risk. One of those rights is the right to obtain the benefits that you have earned.
You could become ineligible for compensation if:
- Insurance companies confuse you into making a self-damaging statement.
- You admit, accurately or not, to anything that disqualifies you from receiving benefits.
- You are not adequately prepared for the workers’ compensation process.
We protect you from these potential threats. We do so by handling every step of your claim or lawsuit. You may be less likely to lose your shot at fair compensation with our firm acting on your behalf.
Are There Time Limitations on Workers’ Compensation Claims?
Your workers’ compensation claim could be time-sensitive. If you are eligible to file a lawsuit, then you generally have two years to file either a personal injury or wrongful death case. 735 ILCS 5/13-202 and 740 ILCS 180/2 are the statutes governing these time limits.
Not every case is time restrictive. A lawyer on our team may be able to help even if two or more years have passed since your injury, illness, or loved one’s passing.
Call The Kryder Law Group, LLC to Start Your Workers’ Compensation Case
A lawyer from our team will guide you through a workers’ compensation claim or lawsuit. We are prepared to handle your case in Oak Park from start to finish. Do not let insurance companies or other attorneys take advantage of you – let us help.
You do not pay us anything unless we win your case. There is no out-of-pocket cost to hire our firm, either. Call The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312) 223-1700 for a FREE consultation.