Construction work is one of the most dangerous sectors to work in. A bad day at work on a construction site can be far worse than harsh weather and involve severe or even fatal injuries.
If you sustained an injury caused by someone else’s negligence while working at a construction site, an Oak Park construction accident lawyer from The Kryder Law Group, LLC can help you claim compensation. Reach out to one of our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys for a free case review today.
Who Is Responsible for My Accident in Cook County?
Building site accidents can result from the negligence of your employer or third parties such as a subcontractor. Our experienced work site injury lawyers in Oak Park can help you file for workers’ compensation benefits regardless of who caused your injury.
If the accident was caused by someone other than your employer, you might have grounds to seek additional damages via a separate personal injury lawsuit. Examples of third parties could include:
- Property owners
- Manufacturers of scaffolding
- Manufacturers of defective equipment or machinery
Our team can evaluate your case and help you identify liable parties, and advise whether it is best to pursue a workers’ compensation claim, an injury lawsuit, or both.
How Can a Construction Site Injury Attorney Help My Case?
The legal process in a construction site claim can be complex. Many variables can influence the best way to proceed. However, our team has a long-standing history of winning record-setting awards for victims of construction accidents. To support you, we:
- Manage every aspect of your case so you can focus on your recovery
- Protect your rights and represent your best interests
- Help you determine your options for pursuing compensation
- Gather testimony from witnesses and medical experts to support your case
- Prove negligence and liability in a third-party claim or lawsuit
- Assess the value of your case, including past, current, and future losses
- Negotiate a settlement
- Keep you updated about your case progression
- Address any questions or concerns regarding your case
What Compensation Could I Be Entitled to Recover in My Oak Park Construction Accident Case?
The compensation you can receive will largely depend on who is responsible for the accident and the severity of your injuries. The type of compensation also differs depending on your circumstances, outlined below:
Benefits Provided Under Workers’ Compensation Are Limited
If a third party did not cause or contribute to your accident, you can only seek benefits through a workers’ compensation claim, which covers:
- Medical expenses and rehabilitation costs
- Income benefits to cover lost wages, up to a percentage of your usual wages
- Compensation if your ability to work in the future is affected
- Mileage or travel costs for attending doctor’s appointments
Compensation Available in a Third-Party Lawsuit
With a third-party claim, you may be able to seek compensation for additional losses not covered under a workers’ compensation claim, such as pain and suffering. Damages can also be awarded for:
- Current and future medical bills and rehabilitation costs
- Recovery for lost wages
- Compensation for reduced earning capacity if your injuries affect your job
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Renovations required at your home as part of your ongoing care needs
- Support from home care health providers
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic damages
Compensation Is Available If the Accident Caused the Loss of a Loved One
If the accident caused the loss of a loved one, surviving beneficiaries could pursue a wrongful death lawsuit and be compensated for:
- Medical expenses before death
- Funeral costs
- Loss of consortium and companionship
- Loss of earnings and support
- Grief, sorrow, and suffering
Our fatal accident attorneys can help you gather the evidence you need to support your claim and advocate for you in settlement negotiations or litigation.
Construction Sites Present a Staggering Variety of Potential Hazards
Accidents can occur for many reasons due to the intrinsic danger of construction sites.
Examples of injury claims we can assist with include accidents involving:
- Electrical injuries
- Trapping or crushing injuries
- Heavy lifting injuries
- Slip, trip, or fall injuries
- A lack of training that causes an accident
- Overcrowded construction sites
- An employer’s failure to conduct a risk assessment
- Heights such as scaffolding or cranes and roofing
- Hazards such as unguarded holes or uneven ground
- Exposure to dangerous chemicals
- Noise-induced hearing loss
- Falling objects
- Faulty machinery or equipment
This list is just the tip of the iceberg. Whatever your situation, if you are searching for legal representation to help you pursue compensation for an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, our Oak Park construction site incident attorneys are here to guide and support you.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer From Your Firm?
We provide our services on a contingency-fee basis. This means there are no upfront costs for you to pay. Instead, we finance the legal process and only recover our fees and expenses if we win your case.
How Long Do I Have to File My Case?
The deadline to file a lawsuit in Illinois is two years per 735 ILCS 5/13-202. If you seek workers’ compensation, you will need to report your injury to your employer within 45 days or risk losing your right to claim. Deadlines also apply if you need to appeal a denial of your case.
Call Today for a Free Consultation with an Oak Park Construction Accident Attorney
The Kryder Law Group, LLC is dedicated to making the legal process as stress-free as possible so that you can devote more time to your recovery. Our team does not settle for anything less than you deserve and leaves no stone unturned when it comes to managing your case.
At this moment, you likely have many questions. We are here to help. Call for a free consultation with a diligent Oak Park construction accident lawyer today.