If you were injured or lost a loved one because of medical negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Doctors carry medical malpractice insurance, and these insurance companies have strong legal teams.
Standing up to a big law firm on your own might feel exhausting when you are already dealing with your injuries. You may feel more comfortable working with an Oak Park medical malpractice lawyer with The Kryder Law Group, LLC.
Do I Have a Medical Malpractice Case?
Healthcare is not always an exact science, and just because you are unhappy with the outcome of your treatment does not mean that your medical provider committed malpractice. Our lawyer will go over the details of your injury to determine whether you have a valid medical malpractice case. Here is what we will look for:
- Duty of care: The doctor, nurse, or other medical professional had an obligation to provide you with medical treatment meeting a standard of care. In general, that standard of care means making reasonable medical decisions similar to what other providers would make with the same information.
- Breach of duty: The treatment you received violated that duty of care.
- Injury: You were injured by the healthcare provider’s breach of duty.
- Damages: Your injuries can be financially remedied; for example, by compensating you for missed work or medical bills.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice
There are many types of medical malpractice, but here are some of the most common cases:
- Surgical errors
- Delayed diagnosis
- Childbirth errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Medication errors
Recoverable Damages in an Oak Park Medical Malpractice Case
Our lawyer serving Oak Park will work with you to estimate how much your medical malpractice case is worth. You may qualify for compensation for:
- Medical expenses for follow-up care or corrective treatments you received from other providers, such as diagnostic imaging, surgeries, prescription medication, and more
- Lost wages if you could not work during your recovery
- Future lost wages if you cannot return to work at all
- Pain and suffering if the negligent treatment caused you a lot of pain and mental anguish or required a long recovery period or additional treatments
Benefits of Working with Our Lawyers
There are many benefits to working with the legal team at The Kryder Law Group, LLC. We work hard to handle the administrative and legal details of your case so that you can focus on healing. Here are some ways we can help:
Investigate Your Malpractice Case
We will gather evidence that your treatment was negligent. We may collect your medical records, interview people who witnessed your treatment, and find medical experts who can testify that the treatment you received violated the medical standard of care.
Estimate Your Damages
If you do not know how much your damages are worth, how can you seek fair compensation? We will use evidence such as medical bills and records, past wage statements, and more to estimate the value of your damages. We will use that estimate when negotiating a settlement with the malpractice insurance provider.
Communicate with the Malpractice Insurance Provider
Fielding phone calls and answering emails related to your case may stress you out. We will take over all communication with the malpractice insurance provider, filing a claim for you, submitting supporting documents, and negotiating a settlement.
File a Lawsuit
While we can settle many cases out of court, sometimes, the insurance provider will not agree to a fair settlement. When that happens, we will seek compensation though litigation and file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Client Testimonials for the Kryder Law Group, LLC
Our team works hard to fight for justice for people who have been victims of personal injury and wrongful death. We strive to give each case the personal attention it deserves and provide responsive legal care to all our clients. Here are some of our client testimonials:
- “Andrew Kryder is an excellent attorney and trusted advisor. Very strategic and skillful on the multiple matters. He takes his time and listens to all your concerns and questions and answers them to the best of his knowledge.”
- “Andrew Kryder is an excellent lawyer who is not only well prepared and easy to work with but very effective in getting the results necessary for his clients. He always keeps the client informed and timely in all responses.”
File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Before the Illinois Deadline
The state of Illinois limits how much time you have to file a lawsuit against the healthcare provider who provided negligent care. These laws may affect your case:
- 735 ILCS 5/13-202 sets the statute of limitations for personal injury at two years
- 740 ILCS 180/2 sets the statute of limitations for wrongful death at two years
Medical malpractice cases can be complex, and it can be challenging to determine when the statute of limitations ends. Our lawyer will evaluate your case, establish a timeline for your injuries, and help you sue the at-fault provider before the deadline.
The Kryder Law Group, LLC Is Ready to Represent You in a Cook County Medical Malpractice Case
If you or a loved one suffered an injury or wrongful death in Oak Park because of your medical provider’s negligence, you may be entitled to damages. Our lawyer can work with you to help you pursue compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
Call The Kryder Law Group, LLC today at (312) 223-1700 for a free consultation for a medical malpractice case. We work on contingency, so you pay nothing unless we win.