As the victim of medical malpractice, you may deserve compensation for all injury-related expenses, including medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
A Des Plaines medical malpractice lawyer with The Kryder Law Group, LLC may recover the awards that you deserve. Reach out to our knowledgeable injury attorneys to learn more about what we could do for you.
What Constitutes Medical Malpractice?
When you’re building your case for medical malpractice, you and your lawyer must prove five elements to show that the medical provider was at fault for your injuries. They are:
- A doctor-patient relationship was established.
- They owed you a duty of care.
- This duty was violated.
- Your injuries came from it.
- You’re suffering financial and non-financial damages.
From here, we can see where your doctor was negligent. Examples of their malpractice could be:
- Surgical error
- Delayed diagnosis
- Using a defective device
- Medication error
- Refusal to treat
These examples are just a handful of what could have happened. However, it’s important to keep in mind that having a bad experience doesn’t always constitute medical malpractice. That is part of the reason why we have another medical professional give their take on what they would have done had they been your physician.
The Kryder Law Group, LLC has Recovered Millions for Our Clients
We believe that the Kryder Law Group, LLC stands out in a number of ways, such as:
Our clients have many positive things to say about our representation. Those positive sentiments include:
- “I contacted attorney Andrew Kryder to handle my case. I was extremely happy with the outcome. Attorney Kryder and his firm were excellent. I was always kept informed and updated. Without hesitation I would recommend this firm to anyone in need of legal assistance.” – Odie M.
- “Andrew Kryder is an excellent attorney and trusted advisor. Very strategic and skillful on multiple matters. He takes his time and listens to all your concerns and questions and answers them to the best of his knowledge.” – Chris B.
Our team will strive to leave you just as satisfied as these clients.
The Kryder Law Group, LLC has recovered the following amounts for our clients:
- $7.5 million
- $3.2 million
- $3 million
- $2.2 million
- $2 million
- $1.5 million
We have obtained many more significant settlements and judgments for our clients. A lawyer serving Des Plaines from our firm will seek the awards that you deserve and guide your medical malpractice case to the finish line.
What Losses Can You Recover Compensation for?
Medical malpractice cases each produce unique losses. However, some losses may be common among all cases, and those may include:
Pain and Suffering
Medical malpractice can cause pain and suffering in the form of:
- Acute physical pain
- Chronic pain
- Emotional anguish
- Dependence on medication
- Loss of physical abilities
- Loss of cognitive abilities
- Loss of quality of life
- Recurring traumatic thoughts and dreams
Financial recovery may cover all of your pain and suffering.
Eligible medical costs may include:
- The cost of any negligent care
- The cost of medical care to treat the effects of negligent care
This category includes your past, present, and future medical costs. Our local attorneys will work with medical professionals to determine what your medical losses are and how much your malpractice claim is worth.
Loss of Income and Earning Power
Medical malpractice may cause injuries that:
- Prevent you from working temporarily or permanently
- Cause permanent disability
- Require you to change your line of work or reduce your hours
- Cause a direct loss of income and earning power
The person responsible for your injuries should generally cover these losses. As your lawyers, we are responsible for:
- Identifying all of your losses
- Documenting all of your losses
- Assigning a monetary value to your losses
- Seeking full coverage for your losses
Do You Have to Pay Our Firm Out of Your Own Pocket?
No, you do not. In fact, you do not even have to pay our firm unless we win your case. Our team works for contingency fees, which mean that:
- Our firm pays all of the upfront costs to complete your case.
- You do not pay anything upfront.
- You agree to pay us a portion of any winnings that we secure.
- If we do not win your case, then you owe us nothing.
This arrangement benefits you as a client. It means that you face no direct financial risk when you hire our law firm for your medical negligence case.
What Does The Kryder Law Group, LLC do to Seek a Victory for You?
Aside from evaluating your losses, our firm will take every necessary step to complete your case. You will gauge our effectiveness on whether:
As we pursue either of these outcomes, our firm can:
- Complete all legal paperwork
- File your case promptly in accordance with 735 ILCS 5/13-212(a)
- Gather evidence for your case
- Consult experts to educate us about your condition
- Hire experts to testify on your behalf
- Communicate with other parties involved in your case (like lawyers and insurance companies)
- Complete settlement negotiations
- Complete a trial (if necessary)
You simply worry about getting better. Let our attorneys deal with the legal side of your medical malpractice case.
Call a Des Plaines Medical Malpractice Attorney Today for a No-Obligation Consultation
If you were harmed due to the actions of a healthcare professional, you should reach out to a Des Plaines medical malpractice lawyer from our firm. There is no cost or obligations when you call us. A member from our team will explain:
- How one of our medical malpractice lawyers can help you
- How we generally handle cases in Des Plaines
- What the next steps in your case are
They will also answer any questions that you have. Call The Kryder Law Group, LLC today to complete your free consultation.