When the driver of another car or truck causes an accident, and you become injured as a result, you suffer physically, emotionally, and economically. The fact that you have most likely missed time at work to receive treatment for and recover from your injuries only adds to your anxiety about how you will manage to pay the numerous bills that you now face.
If the other driver’s negligence caused your accident, you should not have to bear the burden of these costs. An Elgin car accident lawyer from the Kryder Law Group, LLC can fight for your right to receive compensation from the person or party at fault for your accident.
Reach out to one of our skilled injury attorneys the Kryder Law Group, LLC today for a free consultation and case review.
The Benefits of Working with an Auto Wreck Lawyer
There are many moving pieces involved in trying to recover compensation from an insurance company or another driver. Trying to take this challenge on yourself may seem like a straightforward task, but you will quickly discover that it is much more complicated than you first realized.
Insurance companies have an interest in paying out as little as necessary for a car accident claim. If offered a settlement, the amount is typically less than what you could get at trial. Working with an vehicle collision attorney, though, will put you on a level playing field with the insurance company.
The attorneys at the Kryder Law Group, LLC have been fighting for their clients’ rights to compensation for decades. We know the insurers’ language, we know their tactics, and we know how to get the maximum settlement that you need and deserve.
Types of Car Collision Cases We Accept
The Illinois Department of Transportation reported that there were over 300,000 motor vehicle accidents across the state in 2017. Over 65,000 accidents resulted in injuries, and almost 1,000 of them had a fatality.
Car accidents come in all shapes and sizes, and our law firm accepts every kind you can imagine. Often the car accident cases we take involve two or more automobiles. However, we also represent victims whose accidents involved a truck, motorcycle, electric scooter, bicycle, or even a pedestrian.
Our attorneys have represented many car accident victims whose accident was caused by a road hazard, including:
- Inadequate lighting
- Debris or obstructions
- Poor maintenance
- Inadequate traffic control
- Insufficient signage
- Temporary road markings
And, of course, many of our clients’ car accidents were caused by the other driver’s behavior, such as:
- Failure to yield right of way
- Illegal turns
- Distracted driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence
- Road rage or aggressive driving
- Ignoring traffic signals
- Not adhering to the rules of the road
No matter what caused your car accident, our legal team will get to the bottom of it, find the at-fault party, and hold them responsible for your damages.
Investigating to Find Evidence That Supports Your Claim
As any lawyer can tell you, a winning case is built on solid evidence. When you hire the Kryder Law Group, LLC to handle your car accident case, we will begin by investigating every detail of your accident. We will use the evidence we gather from this investigation, not only to identify the individual or party who caused your accident but also to support other aspects of your claim, like establishing liability and proving damages.
We will build your case with several types of evidence, including:
- Police accident reports: The report written by the law enforcement officer who showed up at the scene of your accident is considered an objective account of what happened and holds significant weight.
- Photos: We will take photos at the scene and collect photos taken by you or by witnesses.
- Surveillance videos: Our team will survey the immediate surrounding area of the accident scene and check for any surveillance cameras. If we spot one that captured footage of your accident, we will obtain a copy of that video.
- Witness statements: The police who arrived at the scene of your car accident will have obtained statements from witnesses who saw the accident happen. We can call on these objective reports, as well as those offered by passengers in any of the vehicles involved in the collision.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Elgin, IL, call the Kryder Law Group, LLC for a no-cost evaluation of your case with a member of our legal team. Our local car accident attorneys are here to fight for your compensation for the damages you have suffered from the negligence of another driver.
Applying Evidence to Construct a Strong Liability Case
To recover damages from a car accident, you and your lawyer need to fulfill the principles for establishing negligence and liability. This principle is typically expressed with meeting four criteria:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care to drive in a way that kept you safe.
- The defendant somehow breached this duty of care.
- The defendant’s violation of this duty caused the accident that led to your injury.
- You suffered physical, emotional, and economic damages as a result of your injury.
Our legal team will package the evidence in a compelling way that leaves insurers and juries little doubt about your right to receive compensation from the defendant.
Calculating the Value of Your Case
Our car accident lawyers in Elgin will also review the evidence from our investigation to build a list of damages and their values, which we will then present to the insurance company. Every case is different, but some of the damages you might recover include:
- Medical expenses
- Ambulance transportation
- Hospital stays
- Physical therapy/rehabilitation
- Mobility devices
- Home modifications
- Lost wages
- Lost benefits
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If your loved one died as the result of an injury they sustained in a car accident, you may also be eligible to pursue a wrongful death action. Our wrongful death lawyers can help you with this effort.
Call the Kryder Law Group, LLC for a free case review, in which you’ll learn about the damages you may be able to recover from your car accident and how an Elgin car accident lawyer can help you.
Call Our Elgin Car Accident Attorneys Today for a Free Case Review
The sooner you hire legal representation, the sooner you will receive any compensation you are due for your car accident. It is important to keep in mind Illinois’ statute of limitations, which gives you only a limited time after your car accident in which to take legal action.
The Elgin car accident lawyers at Kryder Law Group, LLC stands ready to fight for your right to recover damages you have sustained from your collision. Contact us today for your free consultation.