Construction workers are some of Illinois’ hardest-working employees. Often, they are the main provider for their family, and losing them is an excruciating feeling no one should have to cope with.
When you have lost a loved one in a fatal building workplace incident, consult a compassionate Elk Grove Village fatal construction accident lawyer. A skilled construction accident attorney from The Kryder Law Group, LLC could develop a plan to get you the financial compensation you need in the wake of this tragedy.
Fair Restitution in Wrongful Death Cases
The most common form of compensation after a fatal construction accident is through a wrongful death case. This does not prevent dependent children or spouses from collecting survivorship benefits through workers’ compensation, death benefits, or life insurance policies. To file a wrongful death claim, take the following steps:
- Collect your loved ones’ employment documents and notifications received after passing or leading up to it
- Do not accept any offers of restitution by negligent construction companies or third parties because this could prevent the cause of action
- Contact a prepared and compassionate construction accident lawyer before the two-year statute of limitations to file
- Let the legal team create a plan of attack and begin their investigation
- Wait for the settlement conference after the case is filed
- Attend the jury or bench trial, and please follow the instructions of the legal counsel
- Wait for the final decision and the disbursement of financial compensation
In instances where a worker passes away while filing a personal injury lawsuit, their estate or relatives might have the option of bringing a survival action in addition to a wrongful death claim.
The legal process may feel intimidating and challenging for relatives who are mourning. An Elk Grove Village construction accident wrongful death attorney could help families honor the memory of their loved ones by making construction companies pay for their damages. You may use the funds to pay accident-related debts, funeral expenses, and help fill the lost income gap.
Reconstructing the Scene
Witnesses are of the utmost importance in fatal construction accident cases. One of the many reasons is that the deceased worker cannot tell their side of the story, and in most cases, relatives were not present in the workplace.
Without reliable witness testimony, you may not have an accurate description of the event, hindering a worker compensation claim. In addition, legal counsel for building corporations may attempt to undermine witnesses, so seeking guidance from a savvy Elk Grove Village fatal construction accident attorney could help prevent this from happening.
Contact an Elk Grove Village Fatal Construction Accident Lawyer
Families are not asking for a handout after Elk Grove Village fatal construction accidents. Responsible companies, manufacturers, distracted co-workers, and other third parties owe atonement to families when they breach their duty to exercise reasonable care in the work environment.
Contact us through our website, over the phone, or in person. A compassionate legal professional at The Kryder Law Group, LLC could schedule you for a consultation as soon as possible.